• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What have you done to your Ecoboosted vehicle today?

Started by EcoPowerParts, January 14, 2013, 08:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

802SHO

Got my car aligned again for 3rd year in a row.  Except brought it to a different place this year.  They charge $140 for a 4 wheel alignment.  But they are more meticulous and don't let employees take customer cars out for joy rides....so there's that. 

The last straw for me was getting charged last year an extra $50 on top of the $99 fee for alignment bc they claimed they needed to use torches to free a couple bolts....mind you they aligned the car the year before in late spring...and the car was only driven to October....so they seized up after 3k miles of summer/fall use?  BS!  Well after I got the car back from them last year, my steering wheel was not straight, was to the left a little and it seemed to pull a little from one side to the other...but it seemed to happen only on certain roads...so I thought well maybe the slant of the road changed a little.  It seemed odd but I overlooked it. 

This year, I had both front knuckles off, passenger axle out, installed new front struts and when I gave it a test drive to do the break in procedure...and go for a tune log...the alignment was wayyyyyyyyyyyyy off.  It was angled to the left to go straight...but sometimes it would then change to angled right to go straight.  And it seemed to have a dead spot of no steering.  And of course I still did a 3rd gear pull......so at the top of 3rd about 100 the road I was on curved to the left and my car wasn't turning at first...experiencing that dead spot in steering during that moment was SKETCHY!  So I was done doing any logs or driving it really until alignment at this place I get my exhaust work done.  It also just so happened Brad still hasn't sent me a new revision or anything.  Said he was looking at it on Sunday...today is now Thursday the following week.  ???

Dropped it off Tuesday night for alignment Wednesday (yesterday).  I also had then touch up my exhaust....when I had the 3rd cat deleted and an x pipe in its place...the guy doing it reused the 2 bolt 2.25 flanges from it and some of the 2.25 pipe...so it still went 2.5 - 2.25 -2.5.  So stupid.  The 2bolt 2.5 flanges I bought are stainless and I had some 2.5 stainless left over...so it is finally now all 2.5 stainless all through out with double x pipes and no mufflers.  What sucks is their welding is pretty crappy.  So I'm at a loss of words on the welds. 

After the exhaust they started the alignment.  They call me tell me my splitter is in the way of the beams.  So I explain on how to remove the splitter/lower chin spoiler combo.  Then I get a call asking me if I loosened my sterrinf rack bolts?  "What?  No.  I removed both knuckles, had the passenger axle out, did the brakes, but I didn't touch anything with the steering rack", I said.  He goes well they're loose, when I start making adjustments it just turns freely...I can barely get to the top bolt but I wonder how long it was like that.  So I remembered after getting my car back last year it exhibited some strange steering characteristics but it wasn't like holy s*** like this year.  I told him where I had it aligned last...he said there's no reason to ever have to loosen the steering rack to align the car.  He was able to tighten them and the alignment is now perfect.  I was relieved as I was starting to wonder if I would have to buy a new steering rack.  Glad I brought it somewhere different....even though they charged the crap out of me.  To weld those two 2 bolt flanges and new hangers, a few inches of pipe, 4 wheel alignment and they charged a half hour to remove reattach my splitter/chin spoiler was $370.  And on top of that they tried to get 3.5% for using a card over the phone....I said you guys are still trying to charge a fee for using a card?  What's 3.5 of 370?  13?  He goes I'll wave the fee.  Gee thanks

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

CONGRATS to everyone here for helping this thread reach 500 pages !!!!!!!

bamsho

Found something interesting this past weekend by pure accident.  Went to change the oil in the SHO Fri might and when I crawled under her, noticed I was missing one of the rear fasteners for the splash guard.  Wasn't real happy about that, cause our car group had a call out race the next day at the track.  Finished the oil change and decided to leave off the splash guard.

Car drove the same, didn't notice the hood bouncing up and down any due to the missing guard.  Got to the track, noticed not as much heat as usual coming from thru the wheels. 

The car seemed to cool off better between runs, pipes weren't as hot and AIT2 was alot lower than Im used to seeing.  Low 100s in the staging lanes, not the usual 120s or higher.

Just interesting info from this weekend.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Do you think this is a difference between gen 4 & 5?  bpd had said triple digit speeds were problematic for the hood, hence the hood pins.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SM105K

Had to take some measurements for another forum member. He is thinking about retro fitting 13+ brakes onto his 93 SHO.  So while I doing that, I dropped in a new set of stock PP pads.

I also cleaned up my rims, hit them with two coats of ceramic coating, and then top layer glissed them. They look pretty sharp, I think.

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

mrhighcaliber

Quote from: SHOdded on June 14, 2020, 06:33:33 PM
Do you think this is a difference between gen 4 & 5?  bpd had said triple digit speeds were problematic for the hood, hence the hood pins.
I've been 170+mph with no hood waving issues. I do however keep my hood rest rubbers wound out a bit taller than they need to be to keep pressure on the hood/hood latch.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

bamsho

Quote from: SHOdded on June 14, 2020, 06:33:33 PM

Manu, I'm not sure.  Remember Mike has Stang hood vents in his hood.   The only time I noticed the hood fluttering was when I didn't have the small shield under the radiator installed.  Didn't notice the hood fluttering when I crossed thru the traps at top end.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

bpd1151

Quote from: SM105K on June 14, 2020, 06:37:15 PMI also cleaned up my rims, hit them with two coats of ceramic coating, and then top layer glissed them. They look pretty sharp, I think.

So sexy. Wet. Shiny. Glistening, and oh so sultry and slippery smooth.

So visually appealing.

Oh btw, what does it mean to have "glissed" them? Is that like having kissed them? LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

802SHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 14, 2020, 08:30:40 PM
Quote from: SM105K on June 14, 2020, 06:37:15 PMI also cleaned up my rims, hit them with two coats of ceramic coating, and then top layer glissed them. They look pretty sharp, I think.

So visually appealing.

Oh btw, what does it mean to have "glissed" them? Is that like having kissed them? LOL

Hahahahahaha that was good

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 14, 2020, 08:30:40 PM

So visually appealing.

So the Goatee looks like the right color.. unfortunately the hair on top of your avatars head needs a bit of adjustments... perhaps a bit more salt eh?

bpd1151

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 15, 2020, 01:10:00 PMSo the Goatee looks like the right color.... unfortunately the hair on top of your avatars head needs a bit of adjustments. Perhaps a bit more salt eh?

Better there jerk?? LOL

StealBlueSho

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 15, 2020, 07:02:31 PM

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 15, 2020, 01:10:00 PMSo the Goatee looks like the right color.... unfortunately the hair on top of your avatars head needs a bit of adjustments. Perhaps a bit more salt eh?

Better there jerk?? LOL

Ha!!!

Being as I have seen pictures of you... I would say you are aging yourself a bit with that avatar... but then again.... I would probably look similar if I had to deal with Dan M. as well.

SM105K

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on June 15, 2020, 07:17:20 PM
Quote from: bpd1151 on June 15, 2020, 07:02:31 PM

Better there jerk?? LOL

Ha!!!

Being as I have seen pictures of you... I would say you are aging yourself a bit with that avatar... but then again.... I would probably look similar if I had to deal with Dan M. as well.

Ha! Please let me drop the hammer?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

MKS Tom

I went to add another Ecoboost to the driveway as a spare vehicle yesterday so I could do stupid things with my Lincoln.  It was  13 Escape Titanium.  Looked really nice for an inexpensive small SUV.  Problem was the moment I went to drive it the trans started to buck weird and as I was going down the street I can hear the rear diff making the bad noise.  Nope.  I didn't even get a quarter mile down the road before turning around.  They said they will "look at it" and I told them to send it to Manheim before you make a customer's life miserable with this disaster. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.