• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

I'm getting knock with meth...

Started by ddlopes, August 31, 2017, 03:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

That's some Great news and hopefully you can start enjoying your SHO.

@ Trophersho did notice that your Methanol pale was somewhat different!!!

I think for future reference we might need to start checking the validation and authenticity of any such Methanol.

Here's mine and pretty Fresh indeed with expiration date and all.  Z  :)

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on September 11, 2017, 05:05:11 PM
That's some Great news and hopefully you can start enjoying your SHO.

@ Trophersho did notice that your Methanol pale was somewhat different!!!

I think we need to start checking the validation and authenticity of any such Methanol.

Here's mine and pretty Fresh indeed with expiration date and all.  Z  :)

I will look and post a pic.   I REALLY think I dicked it up myself.  I have not been storing the pump, and pump lines in a clean bag or anything.  it is possible some sort of contaminant got in. 
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

ddlopes

The place get my meth now pumps it from 55 gallon drums. I store it in the VP plastic jug in my garage. Perhaps I should use a metal can to store it in now. The plastic jug may introduce moisture after sitting for a while (2 months)...
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

TopherSho

Quote from: ddlopes on September 11, 2017, 05:18:46 PM
The place get my meth now pumps it from 55 gallon drums. I store it in the VP plastic jug in my garage. Perhaps I should use a metal can to store it in now. The plastic jug may introduce moisture after sitting for a while (2 months)...

They do recommend a HARD container with a hard seal.  I may have not sealed mine all the way or purged the pump and let some stale stuff back into the can and it reacted or went stale by association .. dunno.   Buying a new can today as i JUST pumped dry this morning .

2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction