• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Dead Battery

Started by WickedSHO, February 15, 2015, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 16, 2015, 10:43:01 AM
Pity the OEM batteries are not as sturdy as they should be!  Since the cost differential is minimal, they should move up to the 850cca as OEM for the SHO.  Is the MKS EB spec'd similarly?  What is y'all's experience so far?
Its also ten pounds heavier.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WickedSHO

Quote from: SHOdded on February 16, 2015, 11:11:01 AM
That the computer was flashed, unless they dig deeper, which they generally do only in serious cases.  Be sure to check (with your tuning device)  if they updated the PCM before reloading the tune.
How do I check if they updated the PCM? I have the LMS Mycal tuner.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

slurppie

Quote from: WickedSHO on February 16, 2015, 11:38:55 AM
How do I check if they updated the PCM? I have the LMS Mycal tuner.

Instructions from LMS

'Put the vehicle in accessory mode by pressing the start button twice without applying the brake. To get the ECU CAL / Strategy Code, hold the N and Up buttons simultaneously while plugging the device into the OBD-II port. This will enter engineering mode. Once in engineering mode, scroll down to ECU CAL/Strategy Code and press the Y button. Follow the prompts on the display. Write the ECU CAL/Strategy Code down. Do the same for ECU SW PART ID and email it along with the information requested above.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

I would not really worry to much about it,first of all hopefully they fix your issues,just follow SHOdded advice on how to obtain your strategy code.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WickedSHO

Great, thanks guys!

Waiting for the call back...
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

markssho

My 2010 OEM battery lasted exactly 4 yrs from the date of manufacture. I had two starts that i noticed seemed weak. Upon a test, the guy said he was surprised it would even start. I immediately replaced it with a Maxx Everstart with a 850CCA.
I think the 2013+ are different, but, with the 2010-2012, an ECU flash can look similar with a dead battery event.
2010 Taurus SHO, Cinnamon, 402B, ACC

WickedSHO

Ok guys so i just talked with the dealer...and I got a few surprises, well one surpirse and a confirmation.

The battery is shot and they are replacing it. Covered under warrenty. Service guy said that is what the Sync was not working and the air bag light was on, not enough voltage to power everything. Problem one fixed.

How for the confirmation: I had metioned on here a week or so ago that I thought the car was leaking fluid, but concluded that it was road grime coming off the car due to all the snow we had gotten. Well I menitoned to them that I felt like it always smelled like something was burning when the heat was on. Turns out the oil feed line was leaking, so they have to replace it.

Now for the surprise...This one really got me!

He says while they were under the car looking around, they noticed that the right front axle was popped out of place. So that needs to fixed as well. The aggravating part about this one, I had the car at the original dealer I bought it from about two months ago for front end noise I thought was funny sounding and they told me it was all good. But I think it is funny that this dealer, tells me this now.

So the SHO will be at the dealer for a few days while she gets fixed. I hope to have her back by Wed.

Fun fun! Only 8 months old!

SHOdded

Sounds like this dealer is a keeper!  No fun driving around with a disconnected axle OR a bad oil feed line ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

r1crusher

Had to jump my '13 yesterday and it hasn't been super cold or anything here near Cinci, OH.  I used to work from home before I was laid off and the car would only get driven maybe once a week.  Now that I'm unemployed it gets driven even less really.  I have noticed that the longer it sits the harder it is to start.  I do have a radar detector in it that I had in my TBSS which never killed the battery in it after sitting a week but I did have an optima red top.  I turned off the detector before I parked it yesterday and I'll check the battery voltage at the end of this week to see where it's at after sitting with nothing on in the car.  I'm going to guess it'll be low and just time to replace it which is BS for a 2+ y/o battery.  It's still under the 3/36 but I have the extended warranty also.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

ZSHO

I think the combination of having the alarm active with cold weather and seldom starting would slowly drain any battery.

AJP turbo

I have the 650CCA and my car is a 14'
So are they automatically putting in the 850CCA when people come in with battery problems with these cars?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

slurppie

I had a 850CCA in my 2013 before it grenaded and they replaced it with a 650CCA model.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

AJP turbo

Quote from: slurppie on February 16, 2015, 09:05:59 PM
I had a 850CCA in my 2013 before it grenaded and they replaced it with a 650CCA model.

You blew up your SHO?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ZSHO

I cannot confirm it,but based on members experiencing these issues,many are getting the updated 850cca,in my case i had the 650cc,but based on the work order it states different,go figure.

AJP turbo

So you had an 850 and they put a 650 in? I'd demand the 850 lol....I just looked on ford oem parts and put my vin in and there were various batteries from the BXL 59 to the bxl 65 in CCA 650, 750 and 850...That's weird. I thought there would only be one battery when filtered by VIN

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress