• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Alcohol injections / devils own pump failure

Started by Sabtaj1, March 14, 2017, 05:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabtaj1

Sooo...   not to long ago my methonal pump failed and then my motor failed.  I had bought a brand new pump 3 months ago from alcohol injections / devils own.  I called n talked to them once I tested the pump and it did not power on.  I was told to return it.  So I removed it, left the rubber sleeve that I bought to protect the motor and sent it back.  Today I received an update from the company on the warranty of the pump. 

"I have received the pump, after assuring the pump doesn't activate I decided to remove the sleeve and the rest of the pump apart.
I have found water found it's way into the motor and seize the bearing causing the pump to fail,  unfortunately this is not covered under manufacturers defects. Please fid the pictures attached to this email". 

So I am completely pissed at this point.  Not only did I lose the motor but I lost the pump too.  Funny part is I have this damn meth pump mounted behind the bumper out of the elements and had their protective sleeve on it.  (As seen in the snow stage 3 install write up I did).  And they still won't cover it.  Said it's my fault.   I'm pretty sure it is my fault, for buying from them and for putting their "Protective rubber sleeve" on the pump. Apparently after looking at a couple pictures, water had gotten inside the very top side of the pump that was sealed Buy the "protective" cover.  The damn cover caused moisture to build and get into the pump.   Sorry for the rant but just wanted to share. 
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/

SHOdded

Terrible customer account experience.  Really up to the company how to respond, and they botched it.  Maybe you should have swaddled it in a baby blanket with a dehumidifier also.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Sabtaj1

Meh, is what it is.  I'm better now, was just disappointed with their response and reasoning behind the failure since it was inside the front bumper right next to the washer res and with the protective sleeve even.  Oh well.
13 Eco flex.

Stainless works non cat DP/ MRT axle back/ Airaid cai/ 170 T-stat/ 3 bar map/ 1 step colder plugs/ snow stage 3/ hot pipes w/TIAL BOV/ torrie tuned-SCT/