• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ran a tank of E85 today

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 26, 2013, 11:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I filled up my tank today it contained a 1/4 tank of 50/50 E85/91 E10, topped it off with E85. That's around 7/8 of a tank of E85. Driving, part throttle all no problems. I just went and tried to get some 0-60 runs since it's night and the car started closing the throttle in reaction to the DI fuel rail pressure not keeping up with demands. It only did it in first and second gear then recovered in third and fourth. I'm assuming it's due to the longer ramp up time of 3/4/5/6 that the car doesn't see it as an issue and keeps fueling.
I had only changed one thing and I drove about 1/2 a tank of gas today, added 1/2 tank of E10 91 octane and the fueling issue stopped and traction in first issue started again. :)

Long term I need to figure a way around this as I really don't want to keep mixing, I'd rather just fill the tank with E85.

We'll see!
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 27, 2013, 12:21:45 AM
what tune were u using?
No change in the tune from what I've been running on 50/50 E85
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

SoCalSHO

Thanks, I just went back to read other posts on the subject. Thanks. So you ran 50/50?
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 27, 2013, 12:34:47 AM
Thanks, I just went back to read other posts on the subject. Thanks. So you ran 50/50?
I've been running 50/50 in the vehicle fuel tank and E85 in my little 1 gallon fuel cell for awhile, everything works great. I was just hoping to be able to go full E85 no mixing in preparation of the new in tank fuel pumps that should be here next week and we'll be removing the under hood fuel cell and fuel pump.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SoCalSHO

Just starting to get some interest in adding E85. Stations are about 10 miles away. Kinda wondering if it would be worth it for me, considering all tracks around me, except for one 1/8 mile track, are closed. But it you can run it with Cat Converters, I may try. Thanks
Robert
2010 Met White
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

DJE624

You are one brave trailblazer Mike!  I hope you don't get any piston holes in your hood. 

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: DJE624 on July 27, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
You are one brave trailblazer Mike!  I hope you don't get any piston holes in your hood. 
This car is too smart with fuel pressure and AFR for that to happen, trust me I should have blown it up many times by now.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

DJE624

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 27, 2013, 12:56:40 AM
Quote from: DJE624 on July 27, 2013, 12:48:23 AM
This car is too smart with fuel pressure and AFR for that to happen, trust me I should have blown it up many times by now.

I believe you!  :bow:

jdeprato

It's because a Russian scientist worked on the ecoboost fuel systems!
-2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS (mods to come!)
-2011 SHO Sold!
-2006 GTO (some mods)
-2006 Mazda Mazdaspeed 6 (some mods)