• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Meth Install time and difficulty

Started by Josephm, March 28, 2015, 11:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephm

Curious how difficult and how many hours it took you?
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Wojomojo

Depends what kind of job you want to do and what kit you have. I just put in a snow performance stage 2 in my SHO by myself and I spent 4 days around 4 hours a day (like 15 hrs). This was completely by myself and I did a lot of parts runs and brainstorming and researching the Internet in that time as well. I also installed my progressive control box inside the cabin, which takes extra time. It can be installed completely in the engine bay if you want but I wasn't a huge fan. I also took off my bumper and installed the pump out if the way and relocated everything to retain my windshield washer fluid as I used the oem windshield tank for methanol. If you have any questions there's a few how to's on the different kits or feel free to ask me!

Also, I didn't think it was too difficult. It's just time consuming and some things are hard to do yourself like taking the bumper off and some wiring would be nice to have help to route through the engine bay and firewall.
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

bpd1151

IIRC, 7hrs.

Most difficult thing for me was burying my face down the foot well to drill hole in firewall.

I did have help.

Bumper removal can be done on your own. Surpringsly easy. Hell, I've had it on/off so many times that I can do it with my eyes closed. Fastest bumper removal was 12min for me.

Wojo is correct.... Plenty of "How-To's" out there, including my own.

Kits are (relatively same for the most part). GL with your install! :ok:

PokerMunkee

Snow Performance is a few miles from my house.  Hmmmm.  I wonder if they would  be willing to install it on my SHO.  Tempting...

I'm emailing them now!
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Wojomojo

I do agree with bpd that the bumper is surprisingly easy.. But doing it the first time alone is a little tough. Mainly because you don't want to break anything! Ha.

If they would install, be prepared to dish out a lot of money! I'd say grab a buddy and a weekend and do it yourself. It's fun and a good experience. And saves you a lot of money! If you don't have time it's understandable.
Justin "Wojo"

2010 Tuxedo Black SHO - non-pp, 20's, nav, massage seats - Torrie Tuned, Dynomax Mufflers, Magnaflow x pipe (3rd cat + resonator delete), 3 bar map, airaid CAI, SP534 .030 plugs. Meth injection and 170 degree thermostat soon! Plastidipped rims and other accessories. 344awhp and 375 awtq on a mustang dyno called "The Heart Breaker"

Josephm

I've read all the how to's and just seeing what the general census was.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

wasinger3000

I did mine in about 5 hours, but I took my sweat time and made sure everything was correct. Even made my own wiring harness. I did not take off the front bumper to install my kit either.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

TLED101

I recently installed an alky meth system on my 2013 Explorer Sport by myself. It took me about 5 days totaling about 20hrs plus or minus. Before that I poked and prodded under my hood for exactly where my pump and tank were going to go. After all that time it fit exactly where I wanted to put it, but I just needed to get a little more creative.

I put an AEM water/meth on my last vehicle with a bit more ease since a 2008 Yukon had a lot more room to fit everything.

SHO9987

I mounted my pump and tank in the trunk.  The longest amount of time was just the planning the routing of the wires and methanol tubing.  All said and done it took myself and my friend about 20 hours total to measure, trim, hide, and install everything. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune