• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Made some E85/91 mix passes tonight!

Started by EcoPowerParts, December 01, 2012, 01:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

I put in the 93 octane regular Torrie tune, nothing special and put in 6 gallons 91 octane and 2 gallons E74 (fall blend E85 in AZ) and made some passes and some logs. Torrie says I'm clean with this mix in the car. I went 13.5@101.5 with that combo then turned on the nitrous with full E85 in the nitrous fuel cell and went 13.22@105.
Torrie looked at my logs tonight and I am out of fuel in mixing E85 with 91 octane right now. The good news is I don't have to spend $15.00 on two gallons of race gas, I can spend $7.00 and be OK.

As soon as I get my paycheck for the month I'll purchase a fuel pump and attempt the upgrade, if that works I'll buy a mustang intake manifold, fuel injectors/fuel rails and start working on that solution with the aux fuel injector controller. Need to make sure I have all the fuel I need for the new turbos. The plan is to get to 50/50 E85/91 by the time the turbos are completed.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

TurboPete

Nice , did you guy log the inlet temps ? They probably went down some making more power congrats .

Pete

05yellowgt

Are you out of fuel injector or pump wise?  If if isn't the pumps you will see more/better gains by not adding the indirect injector. Using the direct injection will maximize all of the benefits that the E85 brings within the combustion chamber, exactly where we need it.
2010 Ford Flex Limited w/Ecoboost- SOLD
2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew 6.5ft bed Ecoboost w/3.55

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TurboPete on December 01, 2012, 08:21:46 AM
Nice , did you guy log the inlet temps ? They probably went down some making more power congrats .

Pete
I didn't but I can do some logs soon.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: 05yellowgt on December 10, 2012, 02:28:05 PM
Are you out of fuel injector or pump wise?  If if isn't the pumps you will see more/better gains by not adding the indirect injector. Using the direct injection will maximize all of the benefits that the E85 brings within the combustion chamber, exactly where we need it.
According to Torrie no way to log fuel injector pulse width yet, out of HPFP right now.

I'm currently running 33% (8 gal 91/4 gal E85) with no issues. I need to do some data logging and see if I can get Torrie to up the timing and see what happens. :)

This past Friday I put 100 octane back in the tank after running it at 0 miles left for about 8 miles and I had E85 in the aux fuel tank. Ran some passes - 12.68@110 MPH with 1.9 60' was best that night. I'm still playing with window switch settings but I'm pretty happy with that. Supposedly I could up the timing quite a bit while spraying the E85, need to do more testing!
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

You definitely need more injectors or some way to spray more fuel. DI pump isn't going to ever solve your issue unless they come up with a bigger one.  What was your FRP bottoming out at?  I saw lambdas of .81-.82 with FRP going as low as 1,000 PSI,  Below that, the lambda's might show one or 2 spikes to .84, but came back immediately when boost dropped off.  I am assuming you are running a 3 bar sensor by now.

Torrie and I found that we could get boost levels in the high teens, though they got peaky.  My highest boost levels and also lowest FRP came in the 55 mph range (+ - 5 mph). Depending on weather conditions it would vary slightly, but always in that range. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

FaSSt9602

Boost peaky as in compressor surge or wastegate going nuts trying to blow off excess drive pressure?
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoBrick Bob

The peaky boost pressures are due to the limitations of our stock turbos.
Even though I have a mid-pipe mod (x-pipe replacing 3rd cat and mid-muffler) which gave us a steady 1 PSI gain, the turbos are maxing out which causes some boost variations.  Also may be partly caused by fuel availability.  Was definitely more noticeable ( slightly higher lambda readings - lower FRP pressure) with a 50/50 methanol water mix , than when I increased methanol %. Torrie was reading my logging info and making tune adjustments.  In fact, when I dyno'd my Flex, the best HP/Torque came from a less radical tune. At the time, I thought my numbers (369 hp & 409 TQ) were pretty good, but SHO guys with modded turbos & 100% methanol have seen 70 hp & over 100 TQ better than mine, 4DRHTRD has to be in that range now too...
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011

Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on December 11, 2012, 11:40:59 AM
At the time, I thought my numbers (369 hp & 409 TQ) were pretty good, but SHO guys with modded turbos & 100% methanol have seen 70 hp & over 100 TQ better than mine, 4DRHTRD has to be in that range now too...
I'm having problems getting a great dyno run due to not being able to lock in 4th gear, so all my dyno pulls are from 40-100MPH. My best HP/TQ with nitrous was 400/420.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoBrick Bob

My dyno runs were in 3rd I believe.  He was able to lock in, but did have an issue one time where it down shifted.