• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Please take a look at my log, what do I need to record?

Started by SuperPete, October 17, 2019, 08:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPete

I been reading around and I see that you guys are willing to look at the datalog, I would like to post my for someone to take a look at it and see how she runs.
Also planing on GH Intercooler install this weekend, so I want to compare before and after logs...
What do you need me to record?

My mods as of right now:
2014 SHO, nonPP.
GH Tune, I am running strictly on 93 Oct.
3bar, 170F Thermostat, .028 SparkPlugs
K&N Air Intake System (not just drop in)

Thank you
2014 SHO, GearHead TUNNED /Powered by Matt Robinson
PPE Downpipes, GearHead Intercooler, AirAid Intake
XDI-35 HPFP @ E40,   MSD Coilpacks
MUSTANG DYNO: 426/446
Continental Extreme Contact 06 & Powerstop Z23 all 4 corners

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SuperPete

Blackhawk

GH should be able to provide you a datalog config file if they haven't already.

SuperPete

They did and I have that loaded.
I was asking what I need to record, some pulls? what gear, idles, driving around and how much of it all

P.S. Verification to post anything on this forum is annoying, every time?

SHOdded

Just the first 5 posts.  Part of our anti-spam measures.

Most times, people look at 0-80 or so mph WOT pulls to see how the car is behaving.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I think most Tuners will have you perform a couple of pulls! One is a WOT Pull from 1st through 3rd and just let the car shift with Traction OFF. Also a 3rd gear sweep in Manual mode from 2000-5900rpm IIRC! Z

In regards to anti-spam its a bit of an inconvenience but better be safe than sorry..

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SuperPete

Thank you Sir,
I did few pulls just now going on ramp freeway 1-4 gears, two different recordings,

When I went to Live Link I could not figure out if it piles them all in one file or each recording needs to be separate one
Anyway saved as ALL, see attached below.

Let me know what you think, and if this is it even, :)

Thank you everyone!

SHOdded

Plenty of data there, not sure it got all the runs, but should be enough.  Let's see.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

4sfed

It might depend on what you're troubleshooting.

However, when GH wanted a datalog to just verify their tune was running properly on my car, they wanted a 3rd gear full throttle run from about 30 MPH, held for 5 seconds.

HTH
2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SM105K

Quote from: SHOdded on October 17, 2019, 02:27:18 PM
Plenty of data there, not sure it got all the runs, but should be enough.  Let's see.

I sent him a new config file. His was missing big data points like fuel rail pressure, IAT2's, commanded gear, ect.. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

SHOdded

SuperPete

SMK105, I got your file loaded, just did not have chance to do the pull last night or this morning, lets see what day bring,
I will try today, really want to see it before and after intercooler.
Intercooler going in tonight so another log after install

Thank you guys

SM105K

Quote from: SuperPete on October 18, 2019, 08:24:10 AM
SMK105, I got your file loaded, just did not have chance to do the pull last night or this morning, lets see what day bring,
I will try today, really want to see it before and after intercooler.
Intercooler going in tonight so another log after install

Thank you guys

Yeah trying to sift through 11 mins of data is interesting.  There is a reason why tuners send specific configs and ask for specific pulls.  Good stuff Pete.  I haven't checked my email yet, just letting you know I see this.

Also I have data for the intercooler, I will post it in two pictures below.  When looking at the temp differences, you need to look at IAT2 and not the charge air cooler temp.  They are different.  The air going into your motor is the IAT2 temp which is being monitored by the 3 bar map sensor sitting on top of the manifold. 

The first picture is the stock intercooler and you will see how rapidly the temp raises.  The second picture is the Gearhead Intercooler, you will see the exact opposite.  The temp drops.   

SuperPete

Nice, looking forward.
So what is the temp sensor name at the airfilter and I guess 3BAR map is what you mentioned, the IAT2, correct?
I want to setup my gauges on my SCT so I can monitor as I drive

P.S. Is there a chart somewhere that explains all of the sensors abbreviation, allot if info to research one at the time :)