• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Turbo brand

Started by Randy Stinchcomb, November 23, 2016, 12:29:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy Stinchcomb

Ive read BW and Garrett, which one on a 2015 Ecoboost X-Sport??
I read the post about Blankets, trying to lower temps underhood and intake, so don't hate.

I also read about the shroud/deflector on the leftside, in front ov the IC, how do you get toit? any exploded views of it and for the Turbos??

ZSHO

I think the F-150 crew uses the Borg warner and our side uses Garrett turbos made by Honeywell and no need for blankets my friend. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

EcoPowerParts

Z is right, Garrett GT15 on the transverse vehicles, I don't remember the BW size on the trucks but about 30% bigger and no they won't swap. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

ZSHO

I'm not quite sure but there might be a couple of flaps by the IC that you can maybe adjust to let more air flow in IDK...number 9 on Diagram below. Z..                                              http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts/2015/ford/explorer/sport-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/radiator-support-scat                   

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

MiWiAu

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on November 23, 2016, 12:29:21 AM
I also read about the shroud/deflector on the leftside, in front ov the IC, how do you get toit? any exploded views of it and for the Turbos??

My XSport had a square of plastic glued on the front driver's side of the CAC. I had my front bumper off for my OCC install and peeled it off at that time. You should be able to see through your grille whether or not you have one on yours.
2013 XSport

Randy Stinchcomb

Quote from: MiWiAu on November 23, 2016, 07:11:30 PM

Yup, thats it, I can sea it, now to find an easy way to remove
Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on November 23, 2016, 12:29:21 AM

My XSport had a square of plastic glued on the front driver's side of the CAC. I had my front bumper off for my OCC install and peeled it off at that time. You should be able to see through your grille whether or not you have one on yours.

MiWiAu

Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on November 23, 2016, 08:03:19 PM

Yup, thats it, I can sea it, now to find an easy way to remove.

There are instructions here to remove the front fascia. Only takes about 15 minutes to remove.

http://blueox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/BX2632-2.pdf

Not sure if there is a different/easier way to access, but this is how I got to it. :)

2013 XSport

Randy Stinchcomb

Quote from: MiWiAu on November 23, 2016, 08:11:23 PM
Quote from: Randy Stinchcomb on November 23, 2016, 08:03:19 PM

Yup, thats it, I can sea it, now to find an easy way to remove.

There are instructions here to remove the front fascia. Only takes about 15 minutes to remove.

http://blueox.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/BX2632-2.pdf

Not sure if there is a different/easier way to access, but this is how I got to it. :)

Thank you