• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transfer case torque limit

Started by 402Sho, May 25, 2020, 06:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

402Sho

My tuner just noticed that I was hitting my transfer case torque limit and I'm wondering how I could try to get rid of that, I have brand new tires and fresh trans fluid change and my 2010 sho only has 15k miles, do you think it would be the ptu and rdu fluid needing to be changed, I'm just very confused it's been 6 weeks tuned and I'm still only on revision three I'm really looking for some help
2010 Sho non-pp, 93 and e30 tuned by AJP Turbo & Ortiz tuned, EPP Noisemaker Delete Pipe, K&N Drop in filter, 3 inch custom exhaust, livernois catless downpipes, Anthony's Gen 2 Torque mounts, NGK ruthenium spark plugs gapped .026

SHOdded

Have not heard of a transfer case torque  limit, but clean fluid is a great start to finding out.  Recommend Redline Lightweight Shockproof or Amsoil Severe Gear.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

GhostlyGrenade

Tuner just needs to raise the limits.
2015 SHO Darkside paint color, 3 bar, Motorcraft SP542 plugs@0.28, MSD Coils, K&N drop in, Continental Extreme Contact tires 255/45R20, EBC Yellow pads, 170 T-Stat, Redline 5w30, updated to the 2018+ trans mount, E-30 Blend, TUNED by AJPTurbo

StealBlueSho

Quote from: 402Sho on May 25, 2020, 06:29:14 PM
My tuner just noticed that I was hitting my transfer case torque limit and I'm wondering how I could try to get rid of that, I have brand new tires and fresh trans fluid change and my 2010 sho only has 15k miles, do you think it would be the ptu and rdu fluid needing to be changed, I'm just very confused it's been 6 weeks tuned and I'm still only on revision three I'm really looking for some help

This is 100% in the tune... are you getting Torque Source 15? Who is tuning your SHO?

Twintrbskies

Quote from: 402Sho on May 25, 2020, 06:29:14 PM

I got the same comment for my 2010 before. Only one tuner says that - that i have heard. I will probably get flamed for saying this of course (sorry in advance) but its just like the other tuners get hammered about concern on fuel pressures. Its definitely able to be raised in the tune. Just know that whatever adjustment they make on the torque limits can potentially damage parts in the future.

Sorry for anyone who disagrees. No disrespect.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

FiveLeeter918

are you getting Torque Source 15 on launch or Torque Source 18 on shifts?

18 is remedited by raising the torque limits and will not affect the throttle closure to mitigate boost spikes.

15 I would recommend learning out to launch at a lower rpm to prevent, as it's really there to prevent the shock on launch. It doesn't seem to affect overall performance just throttles torque until the tires are moving.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!