• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

EcoBoost love Nitrous

Started by FLEXXX, March 27, 2019, 03:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLEXXX

Since the last post for nitrous was back in 2017, I thought I would liven up the thread.

I have ran 4 15# bottles and 2 10# bottles through my EB and it has responded well.
biggest shot I ran was a 120hp.

I have just done a full rebuild on motor and im excited to see the new gains.

are any of you running nitrous?
Motor, turbo's, exhaust, intake, nitrous, W/M blah blah blah

Jordan

These cars are maxed out on fueling in stock form. Curious what are you doing for fuel management?
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

TopherSho

Quote from: FLEXXX on March 27, 2019, 03:02:46 PM
Since the last post for nitrous was back in 2017, I thought I would liven up the thread.

I have ran 4 15# bottles and 2 10# bottles through my EB and it has responded well.
biggest shot I ran was a 120hp.

I have just done a full rebuild on motor and im excited to see the new gains.

are any of you running nitrous?

Did you replace the rings in your build (since you tore off the heads for the studs)?  collapsing the ring gap is big fear of mine for nitrous..
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

FLEXXX

for fuel I am tapped in between the lift pump and HPFP.

I have not touched the ring gap. I am not super worried about it since I have done all the other work (heads, exhaust, turbo's, piping, tune) I will probably not spray it anymore, no real need too. except if at the track, ill probably spray it to the moon last 500 feet. ill risk a bottom end to have the fastest flex on the planet.

This was a quick project to get it going. I did all the work/mods in 2 weeks. the motor that came out I am wanting to build legit with rods and pistons, but I think that will end up in a SHO.

802SHO

Looking forward to following your build(s).  I think Nitrous is a great idea.  What kit did you go with?  I want to say without certainty that its not easy to tune for nitrous.  Tuning wise what are you doing?  I think a good 50 shot would even do wonders if you could activate at the beginning of 3rd gear! 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

Yeah 3rd gear is the best pulling gear for sure. With NO2. It would be amazing.

TopherSho

Quote from: FLEXXX on March 27, 2019, 04:46:18 PM

I have not touched the ring gap. I am not super worried about it since I have done all the other work (heads, exhaust, turbo's, piping, tune) I will probably not spray it anymore, no real need too. except if at the track, ill probably spray it to the moon last 500 feet. ill risk a bottom end to have the fastest flex on the planet.

This was a quick project to get it going. I did all the work/mods in 2 weeks. the motor that came out I am wanting to build legit with rods and pistons, but I think that will end up in a SHO.

I cannot imagine the Flexx with 700+ lbfts ... jebus !
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

Gjkrisa

I believe tuning nos should be easy In a port injection set up they know how much gas and nos should be mixed at the same time so as long as the setup doesn't freak out tourqe management.

Although what saftey measurements are there in the 3.5 ecoboost?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: TopherSho on March 27, 2019, 10:53:01 PM

I cannot imagine the Flexx with 700+ lbfts ... jebus !
I know what it feels like, then the transmission doesn't :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

802SHO

We need to get rid of this transmission all together and use something else.  Transmission swaps are common place.  I'm surprised no one has taken that endeavor on.  I can't be the first person to think outside the box....please someone with the funds think of this idea.  Lol
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.

Gjkrisa

Quote from: 802SHO on March 28, 2019, 09:00:28 PM
We need to get rid of this transmission all together and use something else.  Transmission swaps are common place.  I'm surprised no one has taken that endeavor on.  I can't be the first person to think outside the box....please someone with the funds think of this idea.  Lol
For front wheel I feel this is probably the strongest oem transmission although I think Mercedes has a V8 front wheel car but even then the transmission still rated for about the same power

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

802SHO

For browsing for almost an hour I really didn't find anything.  I was curious about the Nissan GTR AWD transmission as they put down up to 800hp without issue I believe and perhaps an Audi RS7 trans but dunno.  I did find a PTU brace upgrade for the Focus RS only.  Its not impossible to have a replacement but perhaps it's more cost effective to build upon and make improvements to our existing trans than something else entirely.  A custom built awd trans to handle 900+ torque would be amazing......and pricey. 

Back to NOS I hope FLEXXX makes some good passes .and doesn't experience trans "interference" on his journey to a record breaking Flex and perhaps overall Ecoboost record!

bpd1151

Probably should continue the trans discussion in a thread of it's own, dedicated to the subject matter involved.

Makes little sense to have it buried in a thread of differently titled topic.

That said, FLEXXXX will VERY LIKELY experience trans issues of his own, just like the owner of this forum did, when he sprayed No2 himself.

Certainly don't wish that on him now by any means, but past practice has a way of rearing it's ugly head more often than any of us care to admit.

Finally, the 6F55 is a fairly stout drivetrain package given what I, and others are, and have been pushing through it without issue(s). Extreme maintenance is tantamount to a desirable expectation of service life though.

I agree with you that improving upon what already exists in an OE fashion, is the likely path to follow in order to achieve those higher hp and tq #'s.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FLEXXX

I know its not but when with the trans..

Tuning nitrous is not difficult if you have the theory down and are not greedy.

as far as safety measures. I run a programmer that is time/gear activated for different amounts so I can have it hit soft and ramp up. also there is a over boost/ AFR and fuel pressure sensors that will cut it off if something goes wrong.

jims2015

In the old nitrous days I would run a completely independent fuel system with its own pumps from the tank to the solenoid. My bud would do the same except he would use a separate small fuel cell. Never a fuel problem.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods