• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

"How-To" Add some under hood lighting

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 10, 2013, 01:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EcoPowerParts

Originally posted by Rudsther2435

So the other day I was driving and taking some back roads using navigation and my Ford Touch powered down and turned black.  I was in the middle of nowhere and unfamiliar with the area, to make it worse I had no cell service.  I stopped at the nearest gas station (of course it was closed) but it was lit up.  I though maybe disconnecting the battery for a few minutes would reset the unit, luckily I had a socket set in the back.  I open the hood until it d come to find out no hood lighting!!!!!  I would think with any new car this must be a standard option, it's never been missing on any of my other vehicles.  Luckily after disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and re-plugging in, my ford touch powered back on.
So,
I decided to install some hood lighting, $25 worth of parts and half an hour work, hopefully it will help anyone else that wants to do this.
I got the lights here, they are really bright and low profile, they look factory.
http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/HighPowerLEDPanel
Step 1: Remove the heat shield underneath the hood by popping out the big black round clips, they pop off with a clip remove, or even your hand.
Step 2: Remove heat shield by pulling it towards you and out of the factory clip.
Step 3: Mount lights and wire the lights down and have them meet the factory wiring already underneath the hood going down the side to the engine compartment, zip tie them alongside. (I also wrapped my wires in wire loom to keep the factory appearance and protect it against heat since I live in the desert.
Step 4: put the heat shield back in place and open and close the hood to make sure wires go up and down properly with hood.
Tell me what you guys think, does it look good?

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

crash712us

I really surprised that they don't, on the SHO there is hood pin switch just over the drive side head light.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

ZSHO

Done!  also updated the late Great Chris(crash712us)signature. Z  :rip:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlueSHO

Which light did you use? That link no longer works..
2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

slurppie

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|