• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

E-30 emissions cheat..?

Started by StinkinLinkin13, May 14, 2019, 11:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkinLinkin13

So I had noticed that since running E30 mix... Even on a stock tune (for service reasons) I never had a CEL for Converter inefficiency despite having NO converters.... Put over a hundred miles on it with the stock tune before I took it in... Anyone else experience this great side effect of E30 blends. We don't have emissions testing in SATX so idk that it would pass that...  but definitely clean enough to not trigger a CEL (nothing even pending).
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

18SHO

Quote from: StinkinLinkin13 on May 14, 2019, 11:14:17 AM
So I had noticed that since running E30 mix... Even on a stock tune (for service reasons) I never had a CEL for Converter inefficiency despite having NO converters.... Put over a hundred miles on it with the stock tune before I took it in... Anyone else experience this great side effect of E30 blends. We don't have emissions testing in SATX so idk that it would pass that...  but definitely clean enough to not trigger a CEL (nothing even pending).

Wow I'm curious on this, if the stock tune never threw a code your probably good to go to get emissions check. The CEL would be the issue getting the car to pass but no CEL you'll pass
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

SM105K

I have heard of guys running E30 on stock tunes and not getting any codes. They aren't getting the most out of the fuel without a proper E30 tune.  I am shocked the stock tune didn't throw a code because there are no cats period. Very interesting indeed.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Jordan

Honestly in my non expert opinion I'm assuming the catalytic deficiency codes just haven't caught on yet.  100 miles really isn't much. Now if you had a thousand miles then you'd have my curiosity
World's Fastest SHO Ecoboost July 2019 - Current

2020 Power Numbers - 536AWHP/647Torque

StinkinLinkin13

The reason it got my attention is because when I had my 13 MKS with the same mods no cats I would run 93 and would ALWAYS have codes for catalysts inefficiency.. the CEL would be disabled by the tune on the cluster but if I would manually check with the calibrator or a scan tool the codes would always be there. I pretty much started running E30 right away with this 16 MKS and even tho catless I've never had a check engine light code (hard or pending)... Stock or Tuned... I understand that running E30 with the stock tune isn't really much of a benefit performance-wise but emissions seems like it may help some people who have to deal with that testing... I haven't tried running anything less than E30 yet but I wonder where that minimum ethenol threshold is.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

Macgyver

Not saying this has anything to do with it or not but my Exhaust tips stay perfectly clean on my AJP E30 tune.

18SHO

Quote from: Macgyver on May 14, 2019, 03:33:50 PM
Not saying this has anything to do with it or not but my Exhaust tips stay perfectly clean on my AJP E30 tune.

You and me both the soot cut down drastically
2018 SHO PP factory stock for now
AJPTURBO E30 tune stock plugs .028 gap
5.25.19 12.53 @ 112.96 1.85 60FT 1850 DA 71 F
Best trap 113.61

Macgyver

Considering the price. AJP has an E85 tune. I wonder if it would also keep your car within emisaions.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

6500rpm

I'd be curious how this pans out long term too and what the A/F ratio is running at. Essentially all the cats do is take out the peaks and valleys of what's left over after combustion, for it not to throw a code it has to be running at nearly 100% efficiency and E30 is still mostly gasoline. On the base tune it's managed to not only skirt the non catted system, but do it without setting lean pre cat codes. Pretty interesting to say the least. Is it a function of the lambda style sensor?
2013 SHO PP in Ruby Red Metallic, GTG Billet Grills, Duraflex Racer Chin Spoiler, DriveBright LED Driving/Turn Lights,160 T Stat, MSD Coils, All Royal Purple Lubricants, EPP Gen 2 Duel Intake and hotpipes,3 bar, Gearhead AO tuned!