• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Post your SHO wheel/tire setup...

Started by Fast SHO, November 23, 2013, 09:30:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TokyoRick

Quote from: Lanson on November 24, 2013, 10:38:51 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on November 24, 2013, 06:34:58 PM
I love these wheels on your ride... especially the polished area before the mesh starts.  Looks very sophisticated on the car.

Thanks, much appreciated!

These wheels in their current state are actually part of a multi-part plan.  Being 3 piece, I'll probably break them down sometime and upgrade the outer lips to 1/2" wider all around, and go with chrome barrels instead of polished.  I am thinking of replacing the hardware (the fasteners around the rim) with colored ones, not sure what kind yet.  Either gloss black or burnt titanium look, sometimes also known as neo-chrome (plethora of colors on one part.)  That's the fun part of having 3 piece wheels, they are modular sorta.

I was thinking the 1/2" wider lips all around after someone invents a good coilover for the 13+ suspension so I can sit lower than the H&R's let me.  With that, I can essentially "VIP" the Flex, tuck tire and bare lip.  Nothing too extreme, this is still a daily driver.

Thanks again!
VIP Flex oh yeah, kill em. What size tires are you running?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RFS (Respect Family Speed)

ddlopes

Rovos Durban 20x10 in the rear and 20x8.5 in the front. Continental extreme contact DW tires 275/40/20 in the rear and 245/45/20 in the front.
2013 SHO P/P mods: EcoPower Parts dual CAI, 3 bar, PPE catted down pipe, SCT X4, 170 degree thermostat, SNOW PERFORMANCE methanol stage 3 with ProMeth staineless steel braided lines, AeroForce gauges, Hot pipes, custom boost activated cutout xpipe, tial bov, Tial Wastegate mod, GH intercooler, MSD coils, AFE throttle spacer, UPR catch can, Rovos Durban wheels, AJP tuned to 389hp and 503trq on mustang dyno

802SHO

Mickey Thompson 20x9 SC-5 wheels with Continental Extreme Contact DW 275/35/20 rear and 245/40/20 in the front. 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

lamrith

I am running 20x9.5 Voxx Lago's wrapped on all 4 corners with 275/40-20 Gmax AS-05's.  Amazon had a killer deal on these last year @ $95/ea SHIPPED.  This package really transformed the car's handling.  She runs like she is on rails now, even with stock PP suspension and stock ride height I have more grip than is comfortable using on public roads.  I can highly recommend these tires as a great all season and even summer only tire, grip to spare.

Here is a shot back when I had it lowered, I sold the H&R's off and am back at stock height now.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

glock-coma

Quote from: TokyoRick on February 28, 2019, 04:39:47 PM
Quote from: Lanson on November 24, 2013, 10:38:51 PM
Quote from: BiGMaC on November 24, 2013, 06:34:58 PM
I love these wheels on your ride... especially the polished area before the mesh starts.  Looks very sophisticated on the car.

Thanks, much appreciated!

These wheels in their current state are actually part of a multi-part plan.  Being 3 piece, I'll probably break them down sometime and upgrade the outer lips to 1/2" wider all around, and go with chrome barrels instead of polished.  I am thinking of replacing the hardware (the fasteners around the rim) with colored ones, not sure what kind yet.  Either gloss black or burnt titanium look, sometimes also known as neo-chrome (plethora of colors on one part.)  That's the fun part of having 3 piece wheels, they are modular sorta.

I was thinking the 1/2" wider lips all around after someone invents a good coilover for the 13+ suspension so I can sit lower than the H&R's let me.  With that, I can essentially "VIP" the Flex, tuck tire and bare lip.  Nothing too extreme, this is still a daily driver.

Thanks again!
VIP Flex oh yeah, kill em. What size tires are you running?

Lanson hasn't been on here in awhile.
That post was from 2013, I'm pretty sure he has Durango and a focus ST now. He may still see this thread and get the notification that he was quoted.
Just a heads up.
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

TokyoRick

On my 2010 SHO I have 20x10 on all 4 corners 265/55/20 Fallen tires.

TokyoRick

Quote from: ddlopes on March 01, 2019, 11:06:49 AM
Rovos Durban 20x10 in the rear and 20x8.5 in the front. Continental extreme contact DW tires 275/40/20 in the rear and 245/45/20 in the front.
Very nice

TokyoRick

Quote from: lamrith on March 01, 2019, 02:43:05 PM
I am running 20x9.5 Voxx Lago's wrapped on all 4 corners with 275/40-20 Gmax AS-05's.  Amazon had a killer deal on these last year @ $95/ea SHIPPED.  This package really transformed the car's handling.  She runs like she is on rails now, even with stock PP suspension and stock ride height I have more grip than is comfortable using on public roads.  I can highly recommend these tires as a great all season and even summer only tire, grip to spare.

Here is a shot back when I had it lowered, I sold the H&R's off and am back at stock height now.

Your SHO is tight, really digging your wheel selection. If you don't mind me asking, why did you take the H&R's off? When you had it lowered did you have any rub? Thanks in advance.

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Spyder3000gtvr4

Do you guys know if the explorer sport rims will fit the ones that look like tuning forks? I'm having a hard time trying to figure out if I want the flower rims, tuning fork rims, or something different like those lago's or niche methos.

2010 sho
Kik: Spyder3000gtvr4

Got my Sho deciding to make it a DD or use it for my tube chassis build :)

lamrith

Quote from: TokyoRick on November 30, 2019, 07:41:20 PM
Quote from: lamrith on March 01, 2019, 02:43:05 PM

Your SHO is tight, really digging your wheel selection. If you don't mind me asking, why did you take the H&R's off? When you had it lowered did you have any rub? Thanks in advance.

Sorry I did not see this earlier.  Been crazy busy with side business and holidays.

Thanks, I am partial to a car having a bit of pop, the murdered or blacked out thing is just not my style.  I removed the stock grill in installed a silver mesh one as well.  A bit of a nod to the car I had before this one. (Caddy STS-V)

As far as springs, it really comes down to the roads here that I drive daily to work.  I loved he look, but roads here are junk.  We do not have the potholes many of you deal with but worse (for lowered cars) our roads are very uneven, undulating, lot of rippling.  Even a stack soft suspension vehicle tends to get moving, stiffer lowering springs just are not enjoyable, it quickly gets to the point you are tickling bumpstops all the time.  I am not 20 anymore, and never did enjoy the lowered Honda skateboard ride.  I never had any rubbing anywhere though, even with the big wheels and tires though.

Dream for me would be someone making air-ride for these cars, so I could have my stance and firm ride when I wanted, but bump it up a hair for daily driving comfort.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.