• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Springs,Motorcraft,Strut,Shocks Install!!

Started by ZSHO, September 07, 2017, 09:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

Quote from: hawkeye93 on September 22, 2017, 10:43:34 AM
I have considered it, yes.  But not if it's going to be a bouncy ride like you described.  I'm not trying to start a flame war.  I researched the parts on Tasca, and noticed they differed from yours, that's all.
No flame war here its all Good!!  :)  I appreciate the concern and input as stated ^^ but it is what it is!!
Its just the fact of the matter that the rural roads here in N.Y Suck plain & simple .Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

The part numbers game is a horrific one.  Especially with the SHO, the way they refer to stuff.  With painted calipers, without painted calipers, yeah real user friendly.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

LostnEye

Quote from: ZSHO on September 21, 2017, 09:32:36 PM
Here's another quick update after a couple hundred miles!!!

1)Took out the family and the wife noticed the car bouncing immediately and had no clue the springs were changed.

2)Wife opens the passenger door and scrapes the door on the curb.

3)During a highway cruise the wife says she feels like vomiting.

4)Son later states that he feels nauseous.

5)First time in four years i bottom out when driving alone.

Here are my final thoughts!!!. Its my DD So if you live in a tough terrain area,roads a second car is a must,thanks.  Z

Not what I wanted to here. I have been thinking about springs since I got the car and the GF has been against it, she already has to take Dramamine on long trips as it is. Do you happen to be on Long Island, and willing to take me for a short ride?
2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

ZSHO

@-LostnEye is yours also a PP?  I'm actually pretty far from LI. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

LostnEye

2013 Tuxedo Black/Mayan Grey PP, GH AO, GH IC, H&Rs, AD mounts

CroR1

I take mine out frequently on weekends for 170 miles round trip, to and back from Chicago, and I love how it rides on highway. smooth road. It is somewhat hard on the bumpy roads, but I love the firm feeling of taking a corner on the street. Worth every penny. The way that car looks is so much better then with oem springs.

ZSHO

Quote from: CroR1 on September 22, 2017, 11:04:27 PM
I take mine out frequently on weekends for 170 miles round trip, to and back from Chicago, and I love how it rides on highway. smooth road. It is somewhat hard on the bumpy roads, but I love the firm feeling of taking a corner on the street. Worth every penny. The way that car looks is so much better then with oem springs.
B. was curious to know which wheel setup R U Running with ? Pics? TIA.
I'm just trying to keep the ecoboost community informed and up to speed. Z 

bpd1151

Never had this "bouncy" feeling with mine, and my H&R's were installed mind you on Non-PP struts/shocks. Never bottomed out either.

I also live in the Chicago area, and the roads are damn near as bad, if not worse in some areas, than MI.

I had the same TSW Nurburgring's back then, as I do now with the Megan's.

Quite honestly Z, as far as the door bashing on the curb, that's entirely on you for not having piped up sooner and cautioning any occupants therein (Wife, or otherwise) to be careful whilst opening the doors/exiting car.

Can't blame that on the mod. Just say'n.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Here are some clean pics after a weeks time. Z

bpd1151

Good God the shine on that red is INSANE.

Very clean, and looks fantastic lowered.

Hope you report better experiences with them, as they continue to break in.

ZSHO

Quote from: bpd1151 on September 23, 2017, 04:11:13 PM
Good God the shine on that red is INSANE.

Very clean, and looks fantastic lowered.

Hope you report better experiences with them, as they continue to break in.

bpd1151 Thank you kind sir!  I always like to stay on TOP of things from A to Z.   
I think it needs time to break in as stated on page one. Z

CroR1

Very sharp and clean indeed. I never had this bouncy feeling either, nor did i ever bottom out. Mine is a PP.

I am running Milani wheels, 20x9.5 with 38mm offset, 275/40/20 all 4 Conti DW tires. No rubbing or any other issues, I love these wheels. I get many compliments on this setup. Although, I am thinking of trading the car in, and I want to sell these wheels/tires, as I have other set that I use for winter. planning to move to big city, and can't justify keeping the SHO while spending close to 80K on another car. Kind of want to keep the car, but we'll see. Will probably make a thread later for the wheels, but if anyone is interested, let me know.

ZSHO

@ CroR1 It seems your post is mostly based on you selling your wheels than anything else! Lol. I guess you know the protocol and make a post @ your earliest convenience and GLWS Thanks. Z

https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/board,30.0.html

WickedSHO

CroR1 and bpd1151, I too live in the Chicago area and I am looking to get these H&R springs installed. If you don't mind me asking, how has the car handled around downtown Chicago and the surrounding area? We all know the roads here suck and I before I dish out the cash to have them installed want to make sure I won't have and experience like ZSHO.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for install. Got a quote today ($600) and it seems high for install and alignment.
2014 SHO Ignot Silver. MDesign CF Intake, 3 BAR MAP, 160 T-Stat, LMS 93 OCT V8 tune.

bpd1151

Quote from: WickedSHO on September 26, 2017, 11:42:31 AM
CroR1 and bpd1151, I too live in the Chicago area and I am looking to get these H&R springs installed. If you don't mind me asking, how has the car handled around downtown Chicago and the surrounding area? We all know the roads here suck and I before I dish out the cash to have them installed want to make sure I won't have and experience like ZSHO.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what did you pay for install. Got a quote today ($600) and it seems high for install and alignment.
I really had no issues with the H&R's, or even the Megan's thus far.

They're both really great products for what they are.

I will say that I avoid some of those damn side streets in the heart of the City though, as they've installed a multitude of those speed tables (speed humps in laymens terms) and some of those things are insanely high!

And I avoid them not so much for the suspension in and of itself, but more so because I have that lower front chin spoiler installed, & I'd fk'n go bananas if I tore that thing off, or damaged it either approaching those tables, or coming down on them at the backside.

Either way, I have a very very good friend, who is a mechanic, owns his own shop, but it's out in the Southwest 'burbs near Joliet.

He's been instrumental in my own SHO, handles all of my other vehicles I own, and everyone I've sent his way, has been nothing but complimentary.

I think he can cut that install price in half of what you were quoted. If you'd like his info, PM me, and we exchange accordingly.

@CroR1......  say it ain't say so! You'rr thinking about selling your beast? Ugh. **smh**. Tsk tsk.