• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TASCA=Fail....

Started by SilvererSHO, July 01, 2020, 07:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilvererSHO

On 6-8-20 I spent $571 on brake parts to upgrade my brakes to 2013+.  What a mistake.  I've seen the name mentioned here and elsewhere so I really didn't do my homework and just made the order.  Phone calls and emails go unanswered.  ZERO communication on their part.  I check the status of my order on their website and it always say's "processing".  Today I finally got someone to answer the phone after letting it ring multiple times for 5+ minutes and cancelled my order and am supposedly getting my money refunded.  Everything I read online for reviews after placing my order is one nightmare after another.  Any alternate suggestions for getting the stuff I need?  I need everything except rotors and pads.
All Silver(er)SHO.  2012, every option with PP running new Firehawk Indy 500's.

Black Dream

Rockauto online is my go to for almost everything except rotors, pads and little small s***. I needed a glove box assembly stop, the little piece in each side that keeps the glove box from falling out, and I ordered an OEM yesterday from Quirk Parts. It was only $5 and 3 minutes later I got an email from them confirming my purchase and an hour later got a shipping confirmation notice. Might try them as well.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

Black Dream

Understood, give Quirk a look. At least I trust them.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

ridered74

I agree with rock auto.

The one time I used tasca I ordered on a friday and it showed when I placed my order that it would be delivered the following tuesday. I didn't get it until a week after the promised delivery date. Wasn't urgent, but it will keep me from ever ordering from them again. I've heard similar stories from other people. I wouldn't even care if had said it would be a week and a half to deliver, just be freaking honest.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

4sfed

I usually use tasca to look up part numbers.  And then go to my local dealer to buy the part.  You don't pay shipping from the dealer.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

2015 SHO, GH E30 tune, GH intercooler, 3 bar, SP542's, PPE Cat'd DP's, XDI-35, H&R springs, AD Gen2 mounts
Factory Five Mark III, 2004 Mach I donor (gone)
2003 Mustang Cobra 'vert, 456 rwhp, with mods (gone)
2002 MB C32 AMG (gone)
1997 Cobra 'vert, Vortech'd (gone)

SilvererSHO

Well, I was able to get PP Motorcraft calipers from Rock Auto.  They weren't listed on Rock Auto when I was looking 4 weeks ago.  I could have swore that I didn't see the caliper brackets listed either but they are there now too.  So, I'm all set now hopefully.  Parts are supposed to be here on 7-8.  I'll never spend one red cent at TASCA again.

jims2015

Quote from: 4sfed on July 02, 2020, 09:39:05 AM
I usually use tasca to look up part numbers.  And then go to my local dealer to buy the part.  You don't pay shipping from the dealer.

Shipping can change the whole picture. I bought wiper blades from rockauto and the shipping was more than the wiper blades itself. It's great if you can find someone who can get jobber price at the dealer. I needed a bottom engine cover and local jobber price was $18 lower than rockauto. And the rockauto shipping added another $20
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

nickstewartroc

Quote from: jims2015 on July 02, 2020, 11:47:42 AM
Quote from: 4sfed on July 02, 2020, 09:39:05 AM

Shipping can change the whole picture. I bought wiper blades from rockauto and the shipping was more than the wiper blades itself. It's great if you can find someone who can get jobber price at the dealer. I needed a bottom engine cover and local jobber price was $18 lower than rockauto. And the rockauto shipping added another $20

This is what most people I've dealt with seem to miss, they only look at the prices and not shipping. There's been very little that I can't find cheaper on Amazon. Nothing against RockAuto, but most of the time when I try to make an order it's in so many different warehouses the shipping really adds up
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

SilvererSHO

Alright, can someone confirm that the caliper brackets are interchangeable for left and right?  They sure look like it to me from looking at them.

I ordered 1x BRBC28 (bronze colored) and 1x BRBC29 (silver colored).  According to Rock Auto, I need both of them as one's a left and one's a right.  I'm thinking I just need two BRBC29's in silver which is the color I want.  See attached pics.

SilvererSHO

And to confuse things even more, here's the listing for a 2013 SHO.  The previous one I listed was for a 2013 PI.