• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irondoor19

WELL I AM BACK, dropped the car off January 20 2019, got it back a few times
since then (and back it went) GOT IT back Saturday, and the drama/saga continues:

Slow leak (due to a Nail) left rear, so off to the shop i go (air tank, tools etc) waited to
air it up Monday morning, brought to 2 tire places (first can u leave it?) second one:
we only do an internal patch @ 24.95 (yea OK, I have to get to work), and what did they do
ripped a hole in the side wall trying to take it off.  Ordered me a new Pzero (no charge),AND  will not be there till tomorrow (my head hurts).

SO get the House Frau to come get me, off to the shop to get the 2 NEW I had in stock.
and goth them to mount em for free (and NOW one NEW oddball, half the day is gone) .

so today i ask them to order me another one
(318.00 out the door), and then i have a complete NEW set.
that 24.95 patch,  now cost me about 650.00.

SO CALL ME EMO, AND as I have been gone SOO LONG, some one bring me up to speed,
let me know where the  "I have broken everything" post is so i can update everyone
about the last Nine months of Broken Dreams  :nuclear:

2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I guess being there at the right time caught a very rare glimpse for any such car enthusiast at NYC! Z   :)  PAGANI ANYONE!

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I think I found the source of the clunking sound issue on the front driver's side. I did not have a chance to measure the wheel well clearance but noticed the driver's side is slightly lower in comparison to the passenger side!
It could be a faulty Strut or strut mount,but will need to check the Strut tower bolt and remove the wheel to validate concern.
I think a wheel alignment is also warranted based on the Pics below  AFAIK!
I'm hoping to have this fixed Prior to this weekend Track event. Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Good article on the New PI! Z

You (probably) can't outrun the new 400-hp Ford Police Interceptor

https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/articles/2019/01/04/new-400-hp-ford-police-interceptor

ZSHO

I have been trying to catch up on some DIY Home repairs as per wife! I felt like I was adding another Meth nozzle,along with some PTFE for good measures. LOL. Z   :D

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

TopherSho

Quote from: ZSHO on November 05, 2019, 04:37:06 PM
I guess being there at the right time caught a very rare glimpse for any such car enthusiast at NYC! Z   :)  PAGANI ANYONE!

Bubble wrapped tires .. THAT is when you know you hit the big time.
2010 non-pp, 98k miles, 3-bar,  .026 plugs, SNOW-KIT STG1, AJPTurbu tune#35, 15.5+psi
Best 0-60 public road 4.35s
Best 1/4 of 12.61 no DA correction

SHOdded

Makes for a good time at 190 mph!

Black Dream

Apparently my steering column in the MKS doesn't like cold weather. On 1st start of the day it creaks like my knees lol. Would lubing it somewhere take care of this and if so what should I use? I'll add that this is in low 40s to upper 30s so I can't imagine what it would sound like in single digits. 

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

ZSHO

Quote from: Black Dream on November 14, 2019, 09:58:18 AM
Apparently my steering column in the MKS doesn't like cold weather. On 1st start of the day it creaks like my knees lol. Would lubing it somewhere take care of this and if so what should I use? I'll add that this is in low 40s to upper 30s so I can't imagine what it would sound like in single digits. 

Remove the shroud and add some white lithium grease (tube) would be ideal IMO! Z

Black Dream

Thanks Z, I have some in the garage already.

2010 MKS Eco, Airaid, SCT X4, Unleashed, SP542 plugs, 3 bar MAP and current daily.

2006 Pontiac GTO M6, 1 of 101 exactly like her, bone stock, lost to flood 5/19, gone but not forgotten....

ZSHO

This early morning was driving roughly 40mph and noticed this new Audi in front and all of a sudden it stops abruptly without delay with no brake lights NADA causing me to maneuver the SHO on the other lane and was one close call!!! But luckily with the SHO fine tuned suspension was able to thankfully dodge a bullet by inches... :pat:
It looked like the Audi cut power to the wheels AFAIK!

It was certainly a wake up call and to close for comfort. Z

StealBlueSho

Quote from: ZSHO on November 16, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
This early morning was driving roughly 40mph and noticed this new Audi in front and all of a sudden it stops abruptly without delay with no brake lights NADA causing me to maneuver the SHO on the other lane and was one close call!!! But luckily with the SHO fine tuned suspension was able to dodge a bullet...

Someone above is looking out for you for sure! Between this and your brakes going out one has to come to some kind of conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZSHO

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on November 16, 2019, 09:54:01 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on November 16, 2019, 09:40:59 AM
This early morning was driving roughly 40mph and noticed this new Audi in front and all of a sudden it stops abruptly without delay with no brake lights NADA causing me to maneuver the SHO on the other lane and was one close call!!! But luckily with the SHO fine tuned suspension was able to dodge a bullet...

Someone above is looking out for you for sure! Between this and your brakes going out one has to come to some kind of conclusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good memory and True indeed! Thanks. Z