• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Megan coilover rear camber issue

Started by KoolerD471, June 25, 2017, 07:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoolerD471

I'm needing some advice as my local shop cannot get the rear of my flex into alignment due to the camber.
Even with bolts it's showing -2.1/-2.3 in the rear.
I'm looking underneath trying to figure out how to get a little more camber out of the upper arm.

I know the EPP flex said he got his ito spec but didn't say how the guy did it.
Help please as I don't wana burn up my new stickys.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈
Hers: 2016 Mustang GT 6Sp : Sct tuned, H&R SS, Exhaust

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

KoolerD471

I've read most all the coilover threads related to sho/flex and all the small stuff I got worked out but the rear camber.
Anyone on here ever get your rear camber in specs? If so how?
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈

ZSHO

Hope this helps any. Z
Original(Author)BPD1151
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,611.30.html

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

KoolerD471

see I have the bolts and they are maxxed out and still wont give back any camber.
my old tires got ate up within 5k miles with the camber being at the -2.X levels.
idk what else to do. also where is everyone getting these Powergrid Endlinks?

bpd1151

No issues here in re-acquiring alignment specs WITH the adjustable cam bolts.

Not sure why your tech can't get them on your whip.

Here's a link to the adjustable end links from Powergrid:

REARS:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/311637095784

FRONTS:

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/311637093905

Tell the owner Chip that I said hello!!

Really great dude. Very down to earth and great to talk with.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

KoolerD471

I ended up fixing the camber issue finally.
Ended up slotting the rear upper arm a bit and with the SPC bolts I got it well into spec. -1.0 on both sides.

ZSHO

That's awesome to hear!! Cheer's.  Z  :)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!