• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Trying to figure out suspensions...

Started by KoolerD471, June 01, 2016, 07:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoolerD471

I have my flex Eco lowered on H&R's and have a blown front strut.
Since the miles are over 100 I'm just gonna replace all the struts n shocks. Going through ford numbers and such for Taurus flex and explorer I know they have similar struts.
Here is my question if anyone knows.
Will they all interchange??
And I want the stiffest / strongest strut n shocks on the flex for spirited driving / auto cross.
What is the differences between B, C, and D suspensions on the Taurus?
For reference I have a 11 flex EcoBoost.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈
Hers: 2016 Mustang GT 6Sp : Sct tuned, H&R SS, Exhaust

ZSHO

The letter's as you mentioned above such as B,C,D are all related to the Taurus SHO Struts,shock's being different primarily based on it being a Performance package or Non-PP,you also need to verify the correct fitment for your vehicle based on your vin number and build date and it looks like C,D should fit your Flex limited based on this site,hope this help's any.  Z   http://www.levittownfordoemparts.com/auto-parts/2011/ford/flex/limited-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/front-suspension-cat/struts-and-components-scat

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

KoolerD471

Thank you for the help. I did end up finding out some more too. 2010-2012 SHO PP suspension is the "E" suspension.
Also come to find out the rear away bars are exact same on any AWD flex or Taurus.

Of course the struts and shocks show different part numbers but I'm going to check the parts against each other and see if the sho counterparts would be a good solution for flex owners looking for a more performance strut/shock combo.
His: 2011 Flex Limited Ecoboost: Cai, Catless DP's, 170', Sp534's, 3Bar, Coilovers, HD Brakes, Roush RR01 wheels wrapped in 275/40/20 Firestone Firehawk Indy500's, AJPTurbo Tuned 😈
Hers: 2016 Mustang GT 6Sp : Sct tuned, H&R SS, Exhaust