• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

A couple of questions...helping a friend.

Started by Embalmer, November 11, 2013, 07:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Embalmer

A friend of mine has  2008 Sable with a saggy rear suspension.  He suspects the springs are broken and has checked in OEM replacements which cost a fortune.  My question is, does anyone know if the 2010+ Tauruses rear suspensions share components with the earlier 500/Sables?  If they do, can someone with aftermarket springs sell me their OEM springs please?  Also, can someone measure diameter and length and/or take a picture of their rear OEM springs for me?

Thanks a ton guys!
2013 SHO

DJE624

Breeves002 should be able to help you there.  Send him an email or PM.

breeves002

They will not swap over. The front suspension/brakes are not identical but NEAR identical, however the rear setup is completely different. In the 2010+ it is multi link and in the 05-08 it is macpherson.

I doubt the springs are broken. Most likely the struts are bad. Known problem for those cars. Go ahead and replace the struts. They aren't too expensive and it isn't a very hard job since you don't have to remove the entire assembly (I think).
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec

DJE624

Thanks Mr. Breeves!  I knew you would know.

Embalmer

Quote from: DJE624 on November 12, 2013, 12:51:21 AM
Thanks Mr. Breeves!  I knew you would know.

My friend believes the Volvo S60 has the same chassis and therefore wonders if any coilover setup from that car will work on the Sable.  Please advise if you know.

Thanks again!
2013 SHO

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

breeves002

The chassis is the same for a lot of volvos but I am not sure if the suspension components are the same. Only one way to find out! The body is different of course so who knows.
SHO Lover and Advanced Diagnostics Enthusiast
2008 Mercury Sable Premier - 3.5L N/A Duratec