• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Transmission Upgrade

Started by bigmoneycloser, April 15, 2014, 04:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Well look what I found waiting for an oil change...
I company "Performance Automatic",
This tranny is still in development and they are gonna give me a call next week with some details on eta, fitment and pricing..
I will update when I get info..
This might be the answer to the transmission question..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SHOdded

Will be interesting how much HP/TQ it will be built to handle.  I just found this link on TCCOA that might be a good read:

http://tccoa.com/articles/tranny/index.html#
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

It looks like its not for transverse

panther427

The transverse trans is shared with some gm products. I believe the,gtp gxp G6 cars. This is just off the top of my head. There should be someone outt there that handles them. Might get ahold of TEP
2013 SHO

FracaSHO

Flyer says "twin turbo."  Wouldn't that be transverse?

Brad
2010 SHO with PP
170* T-Stat
NGK LTR7IX plugs, gap at 0.030
BOV VTA
MyCal LMS Stage 4+
Sent from my iPhone
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

crash712us

yep thats a RWD drive trans.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

panther427

Ya. The trans code on flyer makes it clear it for the pickups.. the cars is like 65f something.
2013 SHO

yowen

Quote from: panther427 on April 15, 2014, 04:56:54 PM
Ya. The trans code on flyer makes it clear it for the pickups.. the cars is like 65f something.

SHO is 6F55 (with regular Taurus being 6F50, the 55 denotes a higher-hp application).
2010 Taurus SHO, Tuxedo Black
Awaiting Installation: Catless Downpipes, LMS Tune, 3Bar Map Sensor

SwampRat

Quote from: yowen on April 15, 2014, 05:02:33 PM
Quote from: panther427 on April 15, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

SHO is 6F55 (with regular Taurus being 6F50, the 55 denotes a higher-hp
application).

The truck guys get all the good stuff .....

A tranny would be nice but we need an ptu too and maybe rdu as well .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

IHeartGroceries

Why is any of this necessary?
Shouldn't one have more fueling capacity before concerning oneself with strengthening drive train components?

Really, is there a weakness I haven't yet come across? The PTUs problem is having too little fluid capacity and no cooling. With frequent fluid swaps, it seems robust.

Is there a weakness in the trans or RDU?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

bigmoneycloser

I just ran across this at the local ford dealer while having oil changed.
It happened to be around the same time LMS posted to the big bore thread and I figured at some point with upgraded turbos, fuel and big bore.... We have to be hitting the wall with the tranny...
Just something to be aware of...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

SwampRat

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on April 15, 2014, 07:56:50 PM
Why is any of this necessary?
Shouldn't one have more fueling capacity before concerning oneself with strengthening drive train components?

Really, is there a weakness I haven't yet come across? The PTUs problem is having too little fluid capacity and no cooling. With frequent fluid swaps, it seems robust. Nu

Is there a weakness in the trans or RDU?

Its necesarry because the power window is being reached by others such as LMS and the fuel delivery upgrade path is as well ...
There is NOTHING wrong with discussion on pushing the limits of this platform.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

crash712us

It is necessary. There are few already that are having engines built, while the trans has went well beyond what many of us have felt it would it could handle already. But as those continue push it harder there will be a need for a stronger trans. I understand what getting at as to fueling, and I don't have answers or incite as to how the after market will add more fuel to the mix for more power. I just know fueling mods are in the works as well.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

IHeartGroceries

I asked for data, and now I'm accused of criticising "pushing the limits" of this platform?

I asked what are the limits.

So far, no hard data? Just, "we have to be getting there"?

2013 SHO PP

crash712us

As for now the known limits are when it goes boom! When it goes boom is uncertain, only ford engineer could truly answer that question as for now.