• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Who am I?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 17, 2013, 06:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geswek

I'm nobody special --

In fact, most of you will never meet me in person.

I'm like batman! ;)

SoCalSHO

Quote from: thewrubelator on July 19, 2013, 08:46:00 PM
Well, my name is Josh W. I grew up in north-eastern Michigan, joined the Air Force in 2010, which took me away from the Great Mitten  State to this hell-hole named Vegas. I am an A-10 Crew Chief, if you know what an A-10 is, then you're a badass, if you don't, well, you know... :bangin:

I have always drove Fords. I love Waterfowl hunting, it's probably my favorite thing too do, which sucks being in the desert.  If I'm hunting or fishing, I won't be complaining. Thats about all!

Warthogs, badass. used to see those flying over all the time in cold war Germany.
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

tdmsu

Hi, my name is Paul, and I grew up in Southeast Michigan, and I worked for cintas in the 1990s. (Small world!)
I left there to become a teacher, and that calling took me to Maryland for eight years, then back home to the mitten.

I was never much of a car guy until I got my 2010 SHO... I usually drove hand-me-downs from my brothers.  I learned manual shifting in a 1979 Nova with three in the tree. I'll admit that I was disappointed that my Dad rebuilt a Corvair with both of my older brothers, but had lost interest by the time it was my turn. He even had a body in the backyard long enough for a tree to grow in it! Dad worked for GM for forty years, and the first car I bought with my money was a little Saturn SC2. I remember that he used to get a company car, and he could trade with other employees so we got to drive Corvettes and Fieros(!) on occasion.

My SHO is my first Ford, though my wife has driven a 2010 Escape for a year now... The SHO is by far the best vehicle I've ever owned, in every way.  I am very happy with it, obviously.  I went to the dealer planning to buy a 2013 Fusion or 2013 Taurus, not necessarily a SHO, but we were able to get an excellent deal on the 2010, for which I traded my well-worn 2002 Venture (inherited from Dad).

Maybe being on forums is not a good thing, since you guys have me thinking about mods that I never even heard of before! 

DJE624

You'll be fine Paul!  Just start thinking about a tune.  Opens up a whole new world.  Just hang on! 

SoCalSHO

Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

thewrubelator

Quote from: mjhpadi on July 19, 2013, 08:50:57 PM
I am an A-10 Crew Chief, if you know what an A-10 is, then you're a badass, if you don't, well, you know... :bangin:

A-10 Thunderbolt II to be correct...ground attack aircraft that is the namesake of the P-47 Thunderbolt which was nicknamed The Jug! ;D

Gotta love an aircraft with 2 rear mounted engines and a 30mm cannon in the nose! :)

Quote from: SoCalSHO on July 19, 2013, 10:04:24 PM
Well, my name is Josh W. I grew up in north-eastern Michigan, joined the Air Force in 2010, which took me away from the Great Mitten  State to this hell-hole named Vegas. I am an A-10 Crew Chief, if you know what an A-10 is, then you're a badass, if you don't, well, you know... :bangin:

I have always drove Fords. I love Waterfowl hunting, it's probably my favorite thing too do, which sucks being in the desert.  If I'm hunting or fishing, I won't be complaining. Thats about all!

Warthogs, badass. used to see those flying over all the time in cold war Germany.

Hell ya guys. Cant complain about my job...its awesome. 8)  FEAR THE HAWG!  ___|OoO|___
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

geswek

Hah; you'll like this Wrub.

I played it for awhile -- was going to build a home-made cockpit but decided not to since I rather spend my money on actual flying (working on instrument/multi-engine/CFI). I want to either buy or co-own a Cirrus SR22 in a year or two. I flew back to Austin once last year in a Cessna 172, that was a LONG flight at 120kts.

thewrubelator

Quote from: geswek on July 20, 2013, 12:06:12 PM
Hah; you'll like this Wrub.

I played it for awhile -- was going to build a home-made cockpit but decided not to since I rather spend my money on actual flying (working on instrument/multi-engine/CFI). I want to either buy or co-own a Cirrus SR22 in a year or two. I flew back to Austin once last year in a Cessna 172, that was a LONG flight at 120kts.

YES!! The DCS is AWESOME! And very life-like in the start sequences, warnings, ect. I was surprised when i played it lol. My buddy has the whole set-up, the control stick and throttle quad, he gets pretty into it lol.
SILVER SLEEPER
LMS 91v10 /  91Xv1~ Full-Race FMIC ~ AFE Stage 2 CAI ~ MAK 3" O/R D/P ~ 4" MBRP CatBack

Check out my build thread!

Shifrty1

Good morning all!

I'm Michael.  Born and raised in Denver, living in the ghetto called Colorado Springs for now.

I've been a car freak since I was a little kid.  Started drag racing at Bandimere at 16 with my 1972 Grand Prix powered by a 455 H.O.  Then built a little V8 Chevy Monza coupe.  I joined the Navy and was an electronics tech/weapons sytems tech on submarines for 10 years.  which stayed as my main trade.  After the Navy I tried road racing, and have been hooked on it since. 

I haven't raced in five years as my Beautiful Bride was diagnosed with breast cancer.  I lost her August of this year, and subsequently my job for taking too much time off the last two months of her life to be with her in the final stages of her fight.  I'll never regret that...  Ever..

I had a European Spec M3 that I had raced a few times and very much loved that car.  By far the most phenominal, well balanced precision machine I have driven yet.  But it was aging as was our other ford so I traded them both for the SHO.

Having owned 2 of the Yamaha engined SHO's I somewhat knew what to expect but Ford seems to have taken their full line up and made all of them incredible machines. 

I am anxious for spring to roll around to see what this new kid can do on a road course!
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2013 SHO  Livernois Tune, AIRRAID CAI traded but always in my heart
2008 Shelby GT500

SHOdded

You picked a nice machine to whisk you away from your daily cares, Shifrty1.  So sorry for your loss.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Shifrty1

Thank you SHOdded.   I very much appreciate the kind words!
Sorry Officer, thought that sign was merely a suggestion for old folks...  My bad...

2008 Shelby GT500

DJE624

Hey Micheal, sorry for your loss.  Glad you picked a Ford as they are doing a lot in that area.  Enjoy your SHO!

Shifrty1

thank you dje.  im lovin this new sho!

2008 Shelby GT500

EcoBrick Bob

Quote from: Shifrty1 on October 15, 2013, 11:52:06 AM
Thank you SHOdded.   I very much appreciate the kind words!

Horrible dilemma... Life can suck... Pray you are strong and a survivor.    Lost 2 close friends this summer.. Shakes one up... but I can only think of the spouses and their struggles. 

We all need to make sure our "affairs" are in order (business not sexual...) so if something happens quickly... our significant others don't have to deal with that issue(s) too. 

Enjoy your new toy... the RED SHO!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

Shifrty1

Thank you Bob.  I got my strength from her.  She put up one helluva five year fight.  And you are right it's devistating in every way imaginable.  But in the end she beat it and is in a far better place. 

I know shes watching.  smiling and shaking her head as she always did with my toys.  lol.  she loved driving the M3.  I think the SHO meets her approval as well.

2008 Shelby GT500