• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Drag Rim Size

Started by Macgyver, April 13, 2019, 11:19:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

As they say, everything is connected.  OEM design is a conglomeration of objectives, prominent ones being safety and fuel economy.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=108

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Macgyver

I am no racer.

7 years is a long time.

18" with some decently sticky tires. I actually have light weight 18" at 8.5" same bolt pattern.

Upgrade Motor Mounts.

Upgrade coils springs or go to Coilovers

Proper tire pressure.

I still say a tenth is easily possible above what the Mounts will do already.

I hope someone can do this and it pays off with good results.

When I first got on this forum. This platform did not have any motor mounts and I was like what?

Its all good. I just posted this for discussion and information.

bpd1151

For sure!

Hell, even I picked up the mounts myself.

The amount of slop, or play in the OEM one's is pretty unbelievable.

Seems that 2019 will unfold into an interesting year for the platform, as other new products (besides these mounts) have been developed/released.

Kind of an oddity given that FMC's killed off production of them just a few short weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SHOdded

These new products give a big middle finger to Ford's decision for sure.  That is the way of the underdog!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!