• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Picked up an 18 Navigator

Started by EcoPowerParts, August 07, 2019, 09:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 14, 2021, 04:51:39 PM
Navigator is gone, Mach E is it's replacement. Pictures once I get paint corrected, wheels and tires show up and tint over the next 2 weeks. :)

Well that's quite a change !!!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Macgyver on June 14, 2021, 09:46:31 PM
Navigator is gone, Mach E is it's replacement. Pictures once I get paint corrected, wheels and tires show up and tint over the next 2 weeks. :)

Navi was fun but as gas prices continue to go up and the self driving and other cool features of the Mach E it's a no brainer plus $7500 off my tax bill next year is win/win/win
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Macgyver

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 15, 2021, 06:05:03 PM
Quote from: Macgyver on June 14, 2021, 09:46:31 PM

Navi was fun but as gas prices continue to go up and the self driving and other cool features of the Mach E it's a no brainer plus $7500 off my tax bill next year is win/win/win

We got an Edge 2020 ST last year. The wife was not ready to go Full electric. Tropic Thunder states. Never go full electric. lol

So you dont get the $7500 off the sticker then ?

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Macgyver on June 16, 2021, 11:38:27 AM
Nope, you take it off your taxes, I also get $1000 off my electric bill as a rebate for buying one. They're looking at changing it to $12,500 which would be amazing.
The car is SO fun, all the weight is in the battery about 7" off the ground and it has amazing power with the AWD setup. I have wheels and tires coming, doing tint, ceramic coating and paint correction and clear bra next week. 20x10.5 with 295/40/20 and 20x9 with 255/45/20 should fit pretty easily.

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

jims2015

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 17, 2021, 01:08:31 AM
Nope, you take it off your taxes, I also get $1000 off my electric bill as a rebate for buying one. They're looking at changing it to $12,500 which would be amazing.
The car is SO fun, all the weight is in the battery about 7" off the ground and it has amazing power with the AWD setup. I have wheels and tires coming, doing tint, ceramic coating and paint correction and clear bra next week. 20x10.5 with 295/40/20 and 20x9 with 255/45/20 should fit pretty easily.

I was curious why you didn't go for the Mach-E GT coming out this year. I was thinking about making that move myself.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: jims2015 on June 17, 2021, 11:54:52 AM

I was curious why you didn't go for the Mach-E GT coming out this year. I was thinking about making that move myself.

Tags were due on the Navi, no GT yet. Between skipping tags and car payment that was 1/2 my down. :)
Also GT is around $20K more all in, only 1 second faster 0-60 and less range. This is the wife's DD, not really worried about speed although it is pretty dang quick. Next year I'll more than likely pick up the Lightning, I have a reservation in on one.
One of the big side effects for my house once the charger comes out is the ability to keep the EV plugged into my house and augment my solar batteries. My electric bill is mostly impacted by a load calculation, that load level (max 1/2 hour kW during the peak hours for the month) usually costs me $300 to $400 for the month. By having one of the EV plugged in I can run on battery from late afternoon until 9PM thus keeping my electric bill in the summer to under $100 all in. Solar batteries are about $10K per 10kWh, the Mach E is 100kWh batteries and the Lightning should be close to 175kWh. That means I've paid for 275kWh of batteries which would allow me to run off grid for like 48 hours easily if both are plugged in and solar would recharge them during the day.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

jims2015

Quote from: EcoPowerParts on June 17, 2021, 12:00:31 PM
Quote from: jims2015 on June 17, 2021, 11:54:52 AM

Great research.

Tags were due on the Navi, no GT yet. Between skipping tags and car payment that was 1/2 my down. :)
Also GT is around $20K more all in, only 1 second faster 0-60 and less range. This is the wife's DD, not really worried about speed although it is pretty dang quick. Next year I'll more than likely pick up the Lightning, I have a reservation in on one.
One of the big side effects for my house once the charger comes out is the ability to keep the EV plugged into my house and augment my solar batteries. My electric bill is mostly impacted by a load calculation, that load level (max 1/2 hour kW during the peak hours for the month) usually costs me $300 to $400 for the month. By having one of the EV plugged in I can run on battery from late afternoon until 9PM thus keeping my electric bill in the summer to under $100 all in. Solar batteries are about $10K per 10kWh, the Mach E is 100kWh batteries and the Lightning should be close to 175kWh. That means I've paid for 275kWh of batteries which would allow me to run off grid for like 48 hours easily if both are plugged in and solar would recharge them during the day.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

EcoPowerParts

Wheels/tires/ceramic coating/paint correction/clear bra and ceramic coating done. Super happy with the results.

www.ecopowerparts.com -