• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catch can,air/oil seperator, vent to atmosphere?

Started by Gjkrisa, February 05, 2019, 04:47:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gjkrisa

High I'm starting to see some pics/videos of people using vent to atmosphere pcv setup I'm curious how well the vent to atmosphere works if it throws a check engine light.
Also of the pros and cons of each set up
Pro for vent to atmosphere I see cost and easy install tidy engine bay.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

ZSHO

I have the CFM Performance Billet  Valve  Cover Breathet installed on the Front clean side without NO issues or codes to mention and also great for aesthetics.  Z  :)

Since this is emissions related MOD I would simply remove it a couple of days PRIOR to having your vehicle inspected IMO! 

https://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-Performance-Billet-Valve-Cover-Breather-Kit-for-2010-2017-Taurus-SHO-EcoBoost-3-5-p1745.htm

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jims2015

Quote from: ZSHO on February 05, 2019, 08:03:39 PM
Here are a couple PICS of the CFM PERFORMANCE BILLET VALVE COVER BREATHER KIT FOR 2010-2017 TAURUS SHO ECOBOOST 3.5 IN GLOSS BLACK! Z

https://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/CFM-Performance-Billet-Valve-Cover-Breather-Kit-for-2010-2017-Taurus-SHO-EcoBoost-3-5-p1745.htm

I like that. And my want list gets longer.
2015 PP, Thunderstorm DP & CAI. AlkyControl, Livernois dyno tune

2019 Corvette C7 Z51 A8 No mods

Gjkrisa

Quote from: ZSHO on February 05, 2019, 09:02:32 AM
I have the CFM Performance Billet  Valve  Cover Breathet installed on the Front clean side without NO issues or codes to mention and also great for aesthetics.  Z  :)

Since this is emissions related MOD I would simply remove it a couple of days PRIOR to having your vehicle inspected IMO! 

Thank you! Yes we don't have IM checks anymore :)
We have determined that all our bad air is from poor wood burning but started to see alot of s*** in the air for a few years now about the same time we got rid of it.

MiWiAu

I had my 13 cleanside VTA for ~45k miles and never threw a code. The VTA did burp oil once in a while based on my breather routimg, so some engine bay degreasing was required a couple times a year.

WI emissions are OBD2 only (no visual), and other than putting on the stock tune, I didn't have to do anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 XSport

Gjkrisa

I did see something that 2015+ may have issues that this certain catch can will not have that issue.

802SHO

Here are a couple PICS of the CFM PERFORMANCE BILLET VALVE COVER BREATHER KIT FOR 2010-2017 TAURUS SHO ECOBOOST 3.5 IN GLOSS BLACK! Z

Z, is your engine cover lettering Gray instead of White? 
IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

ZSHO

Quote from: 802SHO on March 25, 2019, 05:51:29 AM

Z, is your engine cover lettering Gray instead of White?
The one PIC was cleaner than other! Lol. Z   :D

Davidsiebert2

Here is my set up, was a noticeable difference l, the engine feels and sounds much healthier now after drawing fresh air through the motor and not being a sealed system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CanadianSHO

Is the CFM breather used in conjunction with the oem line to the intake?  If not where does the pcv system get fresh air? 
2010 SHO with 2014 PI brakes, SSMP torque mounts, noisemaker eliminated

ZSHO

Quote from: CanadianSHO on August 03, 2019, 12:59:56 PM
Is the CFM breather used in conjunction with the oem line to the intake?  If not where does the pcv system get fresh air?
Oem line fresh air hose! Good Info on PCV System!  Z

Page 120+

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z06ybL1qwgMX97agL0ZAX3xKsF43livS/view?usp=drivesdk

CanadianSHO

I'm sold, that looks like a great solution!
Edit: I suppose you could add a check valve to the oem line so that it would never allow flow back to the intake tube as well.
2010 SHO with 2014 PI brakes, SSMP torque mounts, noisemaker eliminated

HD-Rugby

Will this work on a 2019? It doesn't look any different.

ZSHO

Quote from: HD-Rugby on August 31, 2019, 03:33:23 PM

Will this work on a 2019? It doesn't look any different.
Its pretty much a standard fitting on most Fords and should fit AFAIK! Keep us updated and enjoy. Z  :)