• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Early Christmas

Started by bigmoneycloser, November 04, 2013, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Just but my order in with Todd at TCE for my big brake kit front and rear.
Also pre-ordered the new Vossen CVT 22x10.5 with a 42 offset front and rear. Running BF Goodrich 285/35/22.
Having the wheels powder coated Matte Graphite Grey...

Should take delivery of everything in 2-3 weeks. And install on first week of December.
I will have pics ASAP....

Merry Xmas....  Lol
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

DJE624

You must be a good friend of Santa!

bpd1151

Very nice! :ok:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

BiGMaC

Pics after the install please.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bigmoneycloser

Lol
I've been a very good boy.. Lol
Pics for sure...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

FoMoCoSHO

Those wheels are effin sweet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELOmK5_HSw

It's gonna be a beautiful package, congrats!

SwampRat

If the BFG tires you are thinking about are the KDW 2's  you might want to ask around .... the folks I've talked to are not to impressed  with them . Seems they have a bad rep for irregular wear issues .  Take a look at the 295/30/22 ZR  Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires . I just order 4 of them on Ebay.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

bigmoneycloser

Quote from: kbeck59 on November 05, 2013, 02:54:33 AM
If the BFG tires you are thinking about are the KDW 2's  you might want to ask around .... the folks I've talked to are not to impressed  with them . Seems they have a bad rep for irregular wear issues .  Take a look at the 295/30/22 ZR  Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta Tires . I just order 4 of them on Ebay.
Damn... I talked to a few people and they said they were like glue for dry conditions and only downfall would likely be a set of winter tires needed...
2014 Explorer Sport 401A

SHOdded

#4 on the list of ultra high performance tires at Tirerack.com

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=UHP

Looks good to me.  But yeah, stay in the dry more often than not.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SwampRat

BFG''s your looking at are  a high traction summer tire that may be alright for you in NJ where you dont have to deal with the regular HIGH summers temps we have in OK  .  REGULAR DRIVING in sustained high heat may be a contributing factor in the irregular wear issue I was talking about.
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

SHOdded

Hmmm.  Is it possible that the KDW 2's use a softer compound to be stickier, more like drag radials?  That could definitely leave more rubber on the road in extreme heat.  The one thing in the reviews that was of particular concern to me was the noise level.  So used to having quiet tires now (first the DWS's, now the Nitto's).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bigmoneycloser

I guess in a couple very inpatient weeks, I will be able to give some detailed info on this set up...
Worst part is waiting....
2014 Explorer Sport 401A