• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

14 XSport tire fitment

Started by bigmoneycloser, November 01, 2013, 10:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigmoneycloser

Have to confirm with my wheel guys. But I thought I would see if anyone here has some info.
I wanna run a 22x10.5 with 285/35/22's up front and in back.  Looks like they will be 11.5 inches wide mounted.

Does anyone know how I could confirm if these will fit front and back without any rubbing or issues?
My other options is the 22x9. But I just think the truck would look mean as he'll with the 10.5's
Thx
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes

Lanson

Quote from: bigmoneycloser on November 01, 2013, 10:06:34 AM
Have to confirm with my wheel guys. But I thought I would see if anyone here has some info.
I wanna run a 22x10.5 with 285/35/22's up front and in back.  Looks like they will be 11.5 inches wide mounted.

Does anyone know how I could confirm if these will fit front and back without any rubbing or issues?
My other options is the 22x9. But I just think the truck would look mean as he'll with the 10.5's
Thx

Well, let's do some measurements with what you have now vs. what you want.  Take pics and closely measure any places of concern on your current setup.  With the known offset and width of your current setup, you'll be able to actually see where the 22" options land on the inside and outside.  Then using that, you'll be able to know where the tire will be too.

Another option is to have the company providing you the Vossens do a check in their "red book", which is a somewhat sacred book (or online resource) to provide fitment specs.  They will be slightly conservative, but hey, it worked for my staggered setup so it may work for you.

OR, have the Vossens shipped in but work it out so that you get a guarantee from the wheel shipper that you can return the wheels if they don't fit, or something like that.  I've had a lot of conversations with wheel companies that ended up with, "well, as long as you don't mount a tire to them, you can return them for a full refund" since they were unsure if the wheel would fit, since the Flex isn't a typical car for an aggressive setup...at least not yet <grins>

I'm a little Jelly on the Vossen CVT's.  They weren't out when I placed my order, else I probably would have gone with them.  I would consider swapping with you + some cash on them, that's how much I like that wheel.
I don't have an EB but I am an avid modder and happy to help the community and learn/grow.  Pretty good with audio and wheels, my build and discussion threads are here in the forum.  2013 Flex AWD N/A

Audio:  Dayton Reference home speakers in front stage, incl. 2-way passive custom pillars 2.5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 2-way passive custom center channel 5" mid, 3/4" tweet, 8" midbass in doors, Vibe UK amps, JBL MS8 processor, Optima Yellow-top custom-wired, Exile subs in spare tire well

Mods: H&R, K&N, 22x9 & 22x10 3 piece forged wheels 265/35-22 Toyos, SCTX4 w/ 91 oct. Torrie tune