• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

GIGANTOREs Police Interceptor SHO Meth Sleeper

Started by GIGANTORE, October 22, 2017, 09:42:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GIGANTORE

Just called SW and ordered the o2 harness extension. The part number is 109214R but it is specific to 2011-2017. Will be trying to schedule DP install for this weekend.

GIGANTORE

Some progress to report. Got the o2 harness extension yesterday. Going to be doing the DP install this saturday. I also found a set of 4 PI wheels with chrome center caps on ebay. Its going to be $500 shipped. Which is pretty good if they are in good shape. Still havent installed the Alky kit. Kinda hesitant until I get a good feel for the process. BC coilovers will be here tomorrow and will be installed next weekend.

lamrith

$125/wheel shipped seems like a decent deal.  Not fully up on pricing, but PI wheels I have seen were always spendy.

Look forward to seeing her and hearing after modification reports!
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

GIGANTORE

Quote from: lamrith on November 09, 2017, 01:50:53 PM
$125/wheel shipped seems like a decent deal.  Not fully up on pricing, but PI wheels I have seen were always spendy.

Look forward to seeing her and hearing after modification reports!

Yeah, they are about 180-200 new without the caps. Caps are expensive. Winter is the time of year that they are the most popular. It can make them hard to find.

GIGANTORE

So today is the day for the DP install. Managed to take delivery of the BC coilovers yesterday without the wife knowing. Haven't opened the box yet. I'll post a few pics of them later this afternoon.

irondoor19

Im going to tell her, Unless U give me a Bribe  ;D
Reminds me of the time my Wife showed up @ Work
looking around for my other Toys, hidden behing door No 2... HA
2010 Lincoln MKS, BONE Stock for Now, 2014 3.7L Police, Drop IN K&N,

GIGANTORE

Quote from: irondoor19 on November 11, 2017, 11:27:20 AM

As long as she doesn't ask what my guns cost to build.

I'm sitting at the shop now. News isn't good. Here's my email to the seller of the OBX DPs. Should tell you all you need to know..

"The o2 sensor for the front down pipe is in the wrong location. It can't be mounted there without the sensor hitting the oil cooler. So my installer is going to have to plug that sensor location and weld in another bung in the correct spot. Also, the 2 down pipes make contact with each other. So the installer is going to have to do more work to clearance the 2. The cost of your short cuts wasn't worth the savings over a quality brand. Not happy. "

Colorado-SHOBro

Quote from: GIGANTORE on November 11, 2017, 11:53:58 AM
Quote from: irondoor19 on November 11, 2017, 11:27:20 AM

As long as she doesn't ask what my guns cost to build.

I'm sitting at the shop now. News isn't good. Here's my email to the seller of the OBX DPs. Should tell you all you need to know..

"The o2 sensor for the front down pipe is in the wrong location. It can't be mounted there without the sensor hitting the oil cooler. So my installer is going to have to plug that sensor location and weld in another bung in the correct spot. Also, the 2 down pipes make contact with each other. So the installer is going to have to do more work to clearance the 2. The cost of your short cuts wasn't worth the savings over a quality brand. Not happy. "

Bummer! Both of these issues were documented in the other thread on OBX downpipes. Difference being you're the first once to install them on a car with the additional auxilary coolers for PTU and oil so the OBX sensor location interferes with those components.
best of luck with the rest of the install and please update with pics and feedback.
11' SHO Tuxedo Metallic black-non PP | Highly sophisticated high altitude custom AJP Turbo E30 3Bar tune w/Wastegate mod | Cat'd ceramic PPE downpipes |170 stat| SP542 plugs .028 | PP trans cooler | H&R springs | RX catch can

12.8@108 @ 6,000ft DA.

GIGANTORE

Quote from: Colorado-SHOBro on November 11, 2017, 12:25:15 PM

Bummer! Both of these issues were documented in the other thread on OBX downpipes. Difference being you're the first once to install them on a car with the additional auxilary coolers for PTU and oil so the OBX sensor location interferes with those components.
best of luck with the rest of the install and please update with pics and feedback.

Yeah. Not a huge deal. Just cost twice as much to install. Sounds pretty good. I do hear what sounds like it could be an exhaust leak under full boost though. The power difference is noticeable. But no huge. Seems to spool a little quicker. And there's a little more power up top. So far I'd rate the OBX catless a 3 out of 5 stars.
- supplied gaskets, crap.
- need to bend/hammer pipe so they don't hit.
- o2 sensor clocked wrong (primary). And sensor hits oil cooler if equipped.

An hour install took 2.5hr

GIGANTORE

Considering what my guy had to work with, I think we did pretty well.

https://imgur.com/a/dnQa1

This pic gives you a good idea of where the o2 sensor bung is from OBX, in relation to where it should have been mounted. Not a huge deal. But definitely so something that has to be addressed.

As you can see in the pic, the sensor is pointing more towards th the fan. But there is plenty of room.

https://i.imgur.com/Kn4Uq1r.jpg

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

GIGANTORE

Since the DP install I've noticed what sounds like an exhaust leak under full boost. Making that typical rattling sound of exhaust leaking past a worn out gasket. Guess I'm going to have to track down part numbers for gaskets.

SHOdded

Sometimes the pipes don't sit quite tightly in place.  Nothing the matter with the gaskets, but you may need to DOUBLE gasket.  Plus the bolts typically have to be re-tightened a few days after install, and then are ok from then on.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2014/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat

I believe you need the #6 part
6   AA5Z-6L612-A   Catalytic Converter Gasket
Flex Tube Gasket, RIGHT
3.5 W/ TURBO
$11.75   $8.11
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

GIGANTORE

Quote from: SHOdded on November 11, 2017, 11:11:47 PM
Sometimes the pipes don't sit quite tightly in place.  Nothing the matter with the gaskets, but you may need to DOUBLE gasket.  Plus the bolts typically have to be re-tightened a few days after install, and then are ok from then on.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2014/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/exhaust-system-cat/exhaust-components-scat

I believe you need the #6 part
6   AA5Z-6L612-A   Catalytic Converter Gasket
Flex Tube Gasket, RIGHT
3.5 W/ TURBO
$11.75   $8.11

I don't think it's number 6. It looks like that area is one piece with the obx. I could be wrong. Almost looks like it would be number 8?