• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Having a problem with Snow kit

Started by shoNoff, July 26, 2018, 01:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoNoff

This is not on my car but on my fathers ecoboost mustang. We installed a snow 210 kit with braided lines. He is tuned by unleashed I do not think the tune is any of the problem just wanted to state he has a tune. Anyways the problem is the car uses roughly a gallon in a 15 minute drive for him to work without even getting on throttle. After speaking with snow and Torrie was told to add a 400-60 solenoid and set the on at 14psi and the off at 22psi. So after installing that and changing the settings he drives to work and its the same thing. Only a 15 mile trip barely in any boost and uses almost a full tank of methanol. I checked for leaks multiple times and found none. Im really lost at this point. Im hoping someone has an idea to toss against the wall.
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

EcoPowerParts

Umm you need to be real careful or you'll hydrolock his engine...
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

shoNoff

Yes Im aware of this. The kit is turned off completely at this point. I just cant pin point what is going on.

SHOdded

What nozzle is installed and where?  Sounds like you need to test the kit by pulling the nozzle, placing into a container, then supplying voltage to see what kind of flow you are getting.  If there are indeed no leaks and it is flowing too freely, then you have to check for a faulty pump, check valve, or controller next.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

Quote from: SHOdded on July 26, 2018, 05:30:37 PM
What nozzle is installed and where?  Sounds like you need to test the kit by pulling the nozzle, placing into a container, then supplying voltage to see what kind of flow you are getting.  If there are indeed no leaks and it is flowing too freely, then you have to check for a faulty pump, check valve, or controller next.

I'm not sure on the size of the nozzle but it's run into a throttle body spacer. He left he tank filled in the car for 2 days in his garage and no leaks at all. But that also doesn't mean there isn't a leak under pressure. I have yet to go over to his house since he has had this problem. I'm heading to his house this weekend to do some trouble shooting. I was just hoping someone would have an idea of where to start. I will certainly check the flow first. I'm leaning towards a bad controller since it doesn't seem to matter where he sets the boost on or off it still uses way to much. Thanks for the response SHOdded that's a really good place to start.

ZSHO

I would search for an alternative location to install your Meth nozzle!
The TB spacer is sometimes not a preferred method of install IMO......
SHOdded is spot on and need to check how much flow (psi) you are spraying per minute in an empty container and proceed from there.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

shoNoff

Quote from: ZSHO on July 26, 2018, 06:55:46 PM
SHOdded is spot on and need to check how much flow (psi) you are spraying per minute in an empty container and proceed from there.  Z

Z I'm not a fan of it either honestly. I'd prefer it into the intercooler pipe. I'm heading over to his house Sunday and going to trouble shoot. Thanks for the responses so far.

ZSHO

Quote from: shoNoff on July 26, 2018, 07:22:16 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on July 26, 2018, 06:55:46 PM

Z I'm not a fan of it either honestly. I'd prefer it into the intercooler pipe. I'm heading over to his house Sunday and going to trouble shoot. Thanks for the responses so far.
I believe six inches PRE-TB would be ideal location IIRC!  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Macgyver

Check that engine Oil !!!

Chances are there is Meth solution in there.