• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SHO Puddle Lamps

Started by StealBlueSho, May 02, 2018, 08:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

Is Light output an issue?

These are darker than OEM puddle lights.

Twintrbskies

I would let the seller know as said before. My set is really bright and clear, just the red lights come and go.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)

StealBlueSho

Some have complained about the light output... but unfortunately that tends to be subjective to the ambient lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Too much light would fade the graphics, unless the graphics are actuallly composed by the LEDs.  A tradeoff ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shoNoff

I missed the first run hopefully they get a bunch more in and I can get in on the second round
2013 SHO PP 12.51 @ 110.07 AJP tuned sold
2016 edge sport 13.92 @ 99.4 mph. slow and stock baby mobile

StealBlueSho

The next batch is available... they said they worked with the supplier to make sure these have been through a more rigorous QC process...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/132662899105

mjhpadi

I have no issues with mine, other than I don't get to see them on enough. The logo is sharp and clear and bright enough for my taste...I think they look freakin' awesome!  I highly recommend you don't miss these, they sure do add a nice touch and are subtle enough that only car people will appreciate them.
Again, thanks to Steal Blue for making these happen...I honestly never thought I would see a vendor offer these for the SHO.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

mval

i just ordered a set. to me if mark was ok with them i knew i'd be. thx again steelblue.
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

shoNoff

Just ordered my set I can't wait to see them. Thanks for all the work Stealbluesho

shoNoff

Just installed mine tonight. Most likely going to rotate the sho but I'm very pleased.

FiveLeeter918

old post I know, but the LED puddle lamps I bought last year are on their last leg, and wanted to know how these are holding up after 2 years of market availability.
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on May 29, 2020, 02:30:27 AM
old post I know, but the LED puddle lamps I bought last year are on their last leg, and wanted to know how these are holding up after 2 years of market availability.
Mine are still working really well.  I know there were some quality issues when they first came out which bothered me since the company I worked with the get them available had good ratings.

I think they had a life time warranty Lee... you can always contact the company.

FiveLeeter918

Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 29, 2020, 06:30:41 AM
Mine are still working really well.  I know there were some quality issues when they first came out which bothered me since the company I worked with the get them available had good ratings.

I think they had a life time warranty Lee... you can always contact the company.

Ordered a set, we'll see how it goes
- Lee
Technical Sales, Ortiz Tuning and Performance
F-150, Mustang, Lincoln MKS, Taurus SHO and Ford Flex Tuning

Ortiz Performance Vendor Forum | Find us on Facebook! | Shop Today!

StealBlueSho

Quote from: FiveLeeter918 on May 30, 2020, 02:10:50 AM
Quote from: StealBlueSHO on May 29, 2020, 06:30:41 AM

Ordered a set, we'll see how it goes
Good luck! I know last time I looked it appears that at least half a dozen companies are selling them now.

I really should have negotiated a better deal with them besides a couple free sets lol.

Twintrbskies

Agreed ^^. Mine have worked great for the last 2 years. Kinda surprised they haven't gone out yet.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________

2010 SHO non-PP, pearl white, Alky Controls Methanol kit-100% meth, tuned with Ortiz Performance, XDI-35, DW300C LPFP, E85, 3-Bar, K&N Drop-In, 160 T-stat, JLT Catch can, Stainless works Catless downpipes, Rear muffler delete with Borla Tips. (not currently using the methanol)