• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Strut / Shock Suspension Codes

Started by Shadow351, June 12, 2020, 09:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow351

(Also posted on the SHOForum, but I haven't received a response)
I had a toe link failure on my 2010 SHO, so after replacing both toe links I took it in for an alignment and they informed me that my front struts and rear shocks were bad (they lumped all 4 springs in with that 'recommended replacement').
My door sticker reads Suspension "CCGG" so when I replaced the front struts 40k ago, I replaced them with 'Suspension C' parts. Now I cannot find a 'Suspension G' shock for the rear, However, based on my VIN FordParts.com lists 'Suspension D' all around, so apparently Suspension 'door codes' and codes listed for parts are not the same.

Fronts are under Warranty, so I guess I will just request replacements for them.

That being said The rear 'Suspension D' shocks are not available on RockAuto or Tasca. My local dealer can get them for $135 each plus $80 each for the springs plus shipping and tax.

I usually try to stick with OE parts if price is not too outrageous, but it seems there are no 'aftermarket' options that retain the "Suspension Variants", there is just "The replacement Shock/Strut for a 2010 Taurus", so my question is this: Is there actually a noticeable difference between the 'Suspension D' and everything else? Should I just throw $50 Monroe's on the rear, warranty the 'C' front struts, and replace all 4 springs with OE? (I couldn't find aftermarket springs that weren't lowering springs, and since my car already bottoms out pulling into my neighborhood, lowering isn't an option)

Thanks

SM105K

"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Shadow351

Can anyone confirm 2013+ shocks will fit a 2010?

SHO_Off