• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Traded in the SHO.......

Started by Macgyver, June 30, 2020, 09:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macgyver

So I guess I gotta leave the forum. I traded in the SHO.

It was a long long battle with COVID and dealers, and Sales people and test drives etc. I was working at this since June 8th. We were trying to keep it under 55K MSRP and did not want to got laterally like a Stinger or Charger etc. My wife did not want anything too big like a Ford Explorer. So that meant a more compact SUV and bold colors.

We started LOW and worked our way up. We did not look at "Miller Lite" SUVs or any with a CVT. Meaning made for the masses like Nissan(CVTs), Toyota Rav4, Honda HR-V, Mazda MX5, Subaru Forester etc.

No Dodge or Jeep.

Oh man. Lets see I test drove the following:

Yes I drove a lot of cars.

Acura RDX Advanced : We had this over nite Saturday noon til Sunday 5pmish. Plenty of time to debug and test it out. POS Infotainment and other major issues. Such a disappointment. MDX. Um. Nice ride just out dated to whats out there. RDX out shines it and thats not saying much.

BMW M3 X-Drive 30I. I wanted to test out the V6 X3 X40I but they are super hard to find. I liked this. My wife liked the Edge more because 5k less. Very solid car. Just tight storage space at the front near the gear selector. Great heads up and the LCD Dashboard is amazing. Infotainment is great. Harmon Kardon sound is great. I would rank my choices BMW M3. Edge ST, and Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. $49K, $44k, 43K roughly after discounts etc.

Cadillac X4 and X5 : Not bad but no real power per say and not sporty enough. X4 4cyl Turbo and X5 GM V6. Decent tho decent.

Chevy Blazer RS : Wow another POS. Looks MEAN meaning good from the outside. Sitting in the seat. My view of the LED temp LED setting is cut in half by the dash over hang. Hard plastic everywhere. The Dashboard display is tilted at a downward angle and it is really bad unless you are 4'9". No upgrades except cosmetic with the RS package. Say WHAT ???

Lincoln Corsair : Meh. Nothing special and under powered.

Hyundai, Kona, Tuscon, Santa Fe. Their Infotainment is Outstanding. Just spot on intuitive. Kona is an ok car. Tuscon is boring but still a value. Santa Fe 2.0T (Veloster motor) is detuned and just lacking but the Santa FE is an outstanding Value with the Limited trim level. Great color choices. Good heads up. Their 360 camera is amazing at its price. Its really something to check out. Side mirrors tilt. Turn signal on and your camera appears in the middle of the dash for the direction you are going. It really has everything well thought out. Just so Soccer mom boring to drive.

Kia. Sportage and Sorento are good. Same infotainment as Hyundai. Sportage is decent but the Higher trim Sorento gets the V6 and 3 rows. Still too soccer mom like tho.The Diamond is the New SELTOS. WOW. Its like a Mini Ford Explorer. The Base engine is great with the 7 speed trans. Then you can get the 1.6ltr Turbo and it goes 0-60 in like 6.5 seconds. Its buzzy bc economy car but man what a car value. The SX trim you get really good Bose sound and that awesome infotainment for under 30k with a Sunroof. Awesome color choices. Kia NAILED it. But COVID took em down. They just released the car and its got limited inventory. The TELLURIDE is another Gem WOW. But try to find one. Was too big for the misses.

Volvo XC40 and XC60. The Volvo XC40 T5 R-design is a good car. A lil over priced but all in all a good package. Lacking in rear under cargo floor storage like what are you doing Volvo. Its really a decent car. Over 1 hour away and it was very hard to shop and compare. The XC60 T6. Supercharged Turbocharged motor. Sound Promising but with a heavy car, It was underwhelming. PLUS it sucked for USB ports and connectivity. Both USBs were in the armrest compartment? WTF Volvo. Super poor design.

Ford Edge Titanium and ST. Titanium is not bad just under powered for me and its so close to a discounted ST that why do you not want a 2.7TT motor? We drove oh jeez 5 Edges? Had two over nite.

NOW .......   I have to REJOIN the Server as we are picking up a 2020 Ford Edge ST on Friday. Yep. When you have a SHO its just hard to drive a SUV that has no power. But even tho the Edge was released in 2013? It does everything well. We got the 21" wheels. It has the recessed SYNC 3 dated screen but its Solid Infotainment. Wireless charging. Front and rear cams. Plenty of charging and storage. Even a 110volt outlet for rear occupants. The ST Seats are comfy. It rides well. 2 USB ports that connect to the Head unit. Android Auto Works but its a work in progress. Plus 2.7 TT can be tuned. It is amazing what you read and then go out and see touch feel smell. The Edge is still not a bad platform. But you read reviews on the RDX and people are OMG Acura has a gem on their hands. Well thats not my opinion.

I would rank my choices BMW M3 Xdrive 30I. Ford Edge ST, and Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. $49K, $44k, 43K roughly after discounts etc in my Market

Here is what we are getting.

https://www.manderbachford.net/inventory/new-vehicles/vehicle/2FMPK4AP4LBA38874/2020-Ford-Edge-Hamburg-PA

Here are the others we liked.

https://www.bmwofreading.com/new/BMW/2020-BMW-X3-1cc7706a0a0d0cc7214354801e21c29f.htm

https://www.scottvolvocarsallentown.com/new/Volvo/2020-Volvo-XC40-for-sale-allentown-pa-b944bca50a0e0adf666e9d8ace32d4a2.htm

802SHO

Quote from: Macgyver on June 30, 2020, 09:21:53 PM
So I guess I gotta leave the forum. I traded in the SHO.

It was a long long battle with COVID and dealers, and Sales people and test drives etc. I was working at this since June 8th. We were trying to keep it under 55K MSRP and did not want to got laterally like a Stinger or Charger etc. My wife did not want anything too big like a Ford Explorer. So that meant a more compact SUV and bold colors.

We started LOW and worked our way up. We did not look at "Miller Lite" SUVs or any with a CVT. Meaning made for the masses like Nissan(CVTs), Toyota Rav4, Honda HR-V, Mazda MX5, Subaru Forester etc.

No Dodge or Jeep.

Oh man. Lets see I test drove the following:

Yes I drove a lot of cars.

Acura RDX Advanced : We had this over nite Saturday noon til Sunday 5pmish. Plenty of time to debug and test it out. POS Infotainment and other major issues. Such a disappointment. MDX. Um. Nice ride just out dated to whats out there. RDX out shines it and thats not saying much.

BMW M3 X-Drive 30I. I wanted to test out the V6 X3 X40I but they are super hard to find. I liked this. My wife liked the Edge more because 5k less. Very solid car. Just tight storage space at the front near the gear selector. Great heads up and the LCD Dashboard is amazing. Infotainment is great. Harmon Kardon sound is great. I would rank my choices BMW M3. Edge ST, and Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. $49K, $44k, 43K roughly after discounts etc.

Cadillac X4 and X5 : Not bad but no real power per say and not sporty enough. X4 4cyl Turbo and X5 GM V6. Decent tho decent.

Chevy Blazer RS : Wow another POS. Looks MEAN meaning good from the outside. Sitting in the seat. My view of the LED temp LED setting is cut in half by the dash over hang. Hard plastic everywhere. The Dashboard display is tilted at a downward angle and it is really bad unless you are 4'9". No upgrades except cosmetic with the RS package. Say WHAT ???

Lincoln Corsair : Meh. Nothing special and under powered.

Hyundai, Kona, Tuscon, Santa Fe. Their Infotainment is Outstanding. Just spot on intuitive. Kona is an ok car. Tuscon is boring but still a value. Santa Fe 2.0T (Veloster motor) is detuned and just lacking but the Santa FE is an outstanding Value with the Limited trim level. Great color choices. Good heads up. Their 360 camera is amazing at its price. Its really something to check out. Side mirrors tilt. Turn signal on and your camera appears in the middle of the dash for the direction you are going. It really has everything well thought out. Just so Soccer mom boring to drive.

Kia. Sportage and Sorento are good. Same infotainment as Hyundai. Sportage is decent but the Higher trim Sorento gets the V6 and 3 rows. Still too soccer mom like tho.The Diamond is the New SELTOS. WOW. Its like a Mini Ford Explorer. The Base engine is great with the 7 speed trans. Then you can get the 1.6ltr Turbo and it goes 0-60 in like 6.5 seconds. Its buzzy bc economy car but man what a car value. The SX trim you get really good Bose sound and that awesome infotainment for under 30k with a Sunroof. Awesome color choices. Kia NAILED it. But COVID took em down. They just released the car and its got limited inventory. The TELLURIDE is another Gem WOW. But try to find one. Was too big for the misses.

Volvo XC40 and XC60. The Volvo XC40 T5 R-design is a good car. A lil over priced but all in all a good package. Lacking in rear under cargo floor storage like what are you doing Volvo. Its really a decent car. Over 1 hour away and it was very hard to shop and compare. The XC60 T6. Supercharged Turbocharged motor. Sound Promising but with a heavy car, It was underwhelming. PLUS it sucked for USB ports and connectivity. Both USBs were in the armrest compartment? WTF Volvo. Super poor design.

Ford Edge Titanium and ST. Titanium is not bad just under powered for me and its so close to a discounted ST that why do you not want a 2.7TT motor? We drove oh jeez 5 Edges? Had two over nite.

NOW .......   I have to REJOIN the Server as we are picking up a 2020 Ford Edge ST on Friday. Yep. When you have a SHO its just hard to drive a SUV that has no power. But even tho the Edge was released in 2013? It does everything well. We got the 21" wheels. It has the recessed SYNC 3 dated screen but its Solid Infotainment. Wireless charging. Front and rear cams. Plenty of charging and storage. Even a 110volt outlet for rear occupants. The ST Seats are comfy. It rides well. 2 USB ports that connect to the Head unit. Android Auto Works but its a work in progress. Plus 2.7 TT can be tuned. It is amazing what you read and then go out and see touch feel smell. The Edge is still not a bad platform. But you read reviews on the RDX and people are OMG Acura has a gem on their hands. Well thats not my opinion.

I would rank my choices BMW M3 Xdrive 30I. Ford Edge ST, and Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design. $49K, $44k, 43K roughly after discounts etc in my Market

Here is what we are getting.

https://www.manderbachford.net/inventory/new-vehicles/vehicle/2FMPK4AP4LBA38874/2020-Ford-Edge-Hamburg-PA

Here are the others we liked.

https://www.bmwofreading.com/new/BMW/2020-BMW-X3-1cc7706a0a0d0cc7214354801e21c29f.htm

https://www.scottvolvocarsallentown.com/new/Volvo/2020-Volvo-XC40-for-sale-allentown-pa-b944bca50a0e0adf666e9d8ace32d4a2.htm
10 speed right?  It will fly

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

bpd1151

@Macgyver.....

No reason to leave just because your SHOless.

Stick around and post pics of your new whip.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Macgyver

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 30, 2020, 10:49:10 PM
@Macgyver.....

No reason to leave just because your SHOless.

Stick around and post pics of your new whip.

I gotta leave and rejoin because I got an Edge ST. lol

I was just kidding with that. Gotta read the whole post. I know its long.

But its got an 8 speed. Its not SHO fast but I am sure it tunes well. Almost the same weight SHO vs Edge ST.

The Edge ST doesnt do anything really wrong. If it had a Heads Up Display. That would be awesomer.

New Ride.......

FearlessAZ

2010 Non PP Sho. All the factory goodies. (RIP)

2015 MKS Ecoboost. All the factory goodies. (SOLD)

bpd1151

I did read the entire post actually, and saw you "settled" on the Edge ST.

Anyhoo......

That's actually one of the vehicles my wife and I are considering on replacing our fully loaded w/every option possible, '09 Chrysler Aspen Limited that we recently sold privately.

We're also scoping out the Hyundai Palisade Limited as well (besides the Edge ST) so I'll be interested in hearing your experiences.

Thanks for the link. Looks sharp AF!

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on July 01, 2020, 01:20:57 AM

Anyhoo......

That's actually one of the vehicles my wife and I are considering on replacing our fully loaded w/every option possible, '09 Chrysler Aspen Limited that we recently sold privately.

We're also scoping out the Hyundai Palisade Limited as well (besides the Edge ST) so I'll be interested in hearing your experiences.

Explorer ST?
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

StealBlueSho

Congrats on the new ride!!! Maybe you can get the ST section going with SM105K!!

No need to create a new account unless you want to change your username, I might be able to change it... let me know..

Pictures when you get it!!

SM105K

Yeah, come hang out with me in the ST Section.
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

MKS Tom

That is a real upgrade.  You get the ability to go fast still but have a lot more capability in your vehicle.  Do you plan on modifying and tuning it?  I would simply ask your dealer what you may want to do with it and see what they think in terms of warranty. 
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

Macgyver

Quote from: MKS Tom on July 01, 2020, 06:33:00 PM
That is a real upgrade.  You get the ability to go fast still but have a lot more capability in your vehicle.  Do you plan on modifying and tuning it?  I would simply ask your dealer what you may want to do with it and see what they think in terms of warranty.

I would just Tune it. Keep it simple. From what I hear the 2.7 has more headroom meaning its tuned less from the factory than the 3.5.

Macgyver

Quote from: SM105K on July 01, 2020, 04:38:41 PM
Yeah, come hang out with me in the ST Section.

Yeah let me know how your is going.

Macgyver

Anyhoo......

Sorry about that. I figured most people would time out on a long post.

We did not drive the Pallisade. Too big for my wife. BUT Hyundai's Tech is almost perfect. The Santa Fe Limited hit everything except fun to drive.

She is sharp.

It will keep my wife happy as she barely drives the SHO. It is a WE car but I will drive it primarily when she isnt which means she wont take it to work. Its a parking garage and No door dings allowed.

Macgyver

Quote from: SM105K on July 01, 2020, 10:46:21 AM

Anyhoo......

Explorer ST?

Explorers were too big for my Wife. So we kept our choices to certain sized SUV's. BUT the new ones look great. One on the dealerships showroom.  Tasty.

Macgyver

Finally Done. Had to go to a different dealer as the original dealer royally messed up some cosmetic complaints we had. 5 days and they couldnt get it done and what they did fix was just beyond unfair to a new car. So we said thanks but no thanks and got our deposit back.

Drove up to Bethlehem Pa today and they beat our lowest deal by $600 so we were happy.

Here she is. And she is not as Red as they show. Donno why the camera picks it up like Stop Sign red. Its more like a maroonish red with metal flake.