• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any Meth Kit users for Explorer Sport?

Started by xsport, October 13, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsport

Hi guys,
Doing some research on the tunes/mods available for my X. I haven't found any info on explorer owners using meth kits. If I can be convinced I'm going with Torrie's tuner and then getting downpipes/exhaust upgrade then want to do the meth kit upgrade from Snow but I want to hear from those who have done it and is it even available for the x sport?

How safe is this kit? Any possibility for engine damage/warranty issues? This is our family hauler..is there any danger whatsoever to the passengers? Sorry for the noob questions. Thanks in advance!
2014 Explorer Sport White Platinum Tricoat

FoMoCoSHO

Xsport, the answers to this question and the ones in your other now locked thread are already available in current threads and discussions. My suggestion is that you take some time, do A LOT of reading, and then ask any unaddressed questions in those threads.

Another suggestion, is to pick up the phone and talk with our esteemed vendors. I'm sure they would be happy to talk with you about your concerns and map out a "path to performance" that you and your wallet are comfortable with.

SHOdded

Start here:  http://192.169.59.225/index.php/board,70.0.html

On this forum, I believe the number of SHOs running meth injection far outnumbers that of known XSports with said same.  But that could just be representative of the population at large.  I would suspect that if the vehicle sees track time, there is far more likelihood of such a kit having been installed.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FoMoCoSHO

I believe with the similarities of the transverse platforms, installation  methods could be quite similar.

bigmoneycloser

The LMS XSport is running meth.
Mine may be in the future, but right now I am focused on a few other things..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport 401A
22x10.5 Vossen CVT- powder coated Matte Graphite
Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 285/35/22
H & R lowering springs/LMS 93 high boost/AirAid CAI/170* thermostat/3 Bar Map Sensor/Full LED interior /HID head and fog lights/weather tech digital floor mats/SharkFin antena/custom Billet foot pedals/Wilwood big brake kit/ LMS-Corsa CatBack Exhaust/LMS Catted Downpipes