• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Check engine?

Started by 74d34h, August 30, 2013, 08:38:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74d34h

The past week I noticed when I stomp on the gas I hear an excess amount of air from the intake area. I could even hear it windows up ac on. I have an Airraid intake. Its been on since last year, I have 12K miles on the car. The intake was replaced earlier in the year as part of the accident damage so realistically I have about 1500 miles on the new intake and filter. Its fitted right, even the rubber seal is still good. No leaks anywhere. The filter is a little dirty and I will clean it this weekend, but I do not think thats my issue.

Yesterday during easy driving my check engine light came on. I have a service appointment next week because my fuel module recall parts are in. Dealer said no problem keep driving it it is an emission issue. I will have to detune the car again before the appointment. Is it common? The service manager didn't seem too concerned. I just had the car in a few weeks ago for service and state inspection. Any ideas or just leave it until next weeks service appointment? I don't believe in coincidences. The recent air rush sound and now the light has me curious.
2013 SHO

crash712us

The only time my car sounded like that is when the rubber boot slip off airaid hard pipe.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

bpd1151

Yea, I agree with you Chris. But I think he said the connections were tight at those points.

I would check the inlet connections, at each turbo, from the intake piping.

Obviously, let your car cool down A LOT before goin reaching in there.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

mjhpadi

If the service manager knows you have a tune in the car, I won't put it back to stock, I would just remind him that it's tune and make sure he's not planning on doing a reflash of the computer.  If they are going to do a reflash, then return it to the stock settings.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SoCalSHO

Since your car had been in an accident, I would assume one of the pipes near the turbos has come off. Did you have it repaired through the dealer?
Robert
2010 Met White
GH tuned, 3 Bar, upgraded turbos, 91 Oct
K&N drop-in or airaid, Corsa Cat-back
1/8 Mile 8.380@83.42MPH

74d34h

I'm going to take a look later today. The car was repaired at both dealer and body shop. I'm not totally sure which parts were done where except the transmission was definitely the dealership.

2013 SHO

74d34h

So I let the car sit for an hour and a half ( still hot under the hood) and I rechecked connections wiggled hoses etc and next time I started up noise gone check engine light off. Strange.
2013 SHO