• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Resonator

Started by boostedflex, August 25, 2017, 10:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey all,

I know their are multiple threads on this, pretty sure I read them all, and still not positive on this.  Now that I have coilovers installer, my resonator seems to really like rubbing on speed bumps, and I am debating deleting it.  I know some people say it will be raspy, but the one sound clip I found of a non ecoboost had no rasp or drone at all.  So anyone done this and have feedback?  I will be doing PPE catted downpipes this spring if it makes a difference.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

derfdog15

I did a resonator delete (left the 3rd cat) and swapped the axlebacks and really enjoyed the sound. I then added catless downpipes and it had a really nice tone in my opinion.

Links in this: https://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,7241.msg110351.html#msg110351
2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car

boostedflex

Thanks man, so any drone with your setup in the cabin?  How much louder than stock do you think?
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

SHOdded

An Xpipe in place of the resonator may also keep unwanted sound down.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

boostedflex

thanks for the feedback, I found a highly rated exhaust shop a few miles from me, gonna bring it their next month and see what they can do.
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

boostedflex

Ordered those hangers will let you all know if it works, thanks!
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold

derfdog15

Quote from: boostedflex on August 25, 2017, 12:41:58 PM
Thanks man, so any drone with your setup in the cabin?  How much louder than stock do you think?

The mufflers I chose to use had a decent bit of drone around 1800-2200 RPM, and were pretty loud past 3k. The drone didnt bother me as its similar to what I was used to from my Mustang with flowmasters. Fitting of a muscle car, a little much if its a daily driven family sedan and you crave the quite.

That said, the resonator delete sounded very good on its own without the muffler swap.

2015 Tuxedo Black SHO PP -(SAE corrected): 369.4/451.4 - Gone to the automotive graveyard but not forgotten

2016 F150 FX4 Sport - 3.5L V6 Ecoboost - Stock for now

2003 Redfire V6 Mustang - Building to be an 11 second car