• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Had my cutout redone, super sexy metal work inside....

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 23, 2013, 12:43:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaSSt9602

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: geswek on July 23, 2013, 03:44:14 PM
48whp just from an exhaust cut out?

I'm sorry, but I call straight bull cow pie on that one.

You should dyno before and after. I want to see this LOL.
I've done back to back testing at the track with my 91 octane tune on stock turbos, .2 and 2mph difference that's 20HP on nearly stock HP, the more boost, the more power you'll pick up. On my old Impala SS with electric cutouts I picked up 40HP open vs closed on my 175 shot of nitrous. I have extensive background with cutouts, and the power they pick up, it's no joke and you get to keep a mostly quiet car 99% of the time. But hey, what do I know, right? :)

I'll vouch for this...I saw it in person...

Besides, the track times are where the real numbers are proven.  Dynos are a tuning tool and a dick measuring devise...that is all.  They can be a good base for proving parts, but there are WAY too many variables that can play into dyno numbers.  Could that 48 be inflated, sure. But if they couldn't load the dyno right, it may be low, who knows...turbo vehicles are especially problematic on dynos.

And PS, those are sexy!  I'd never put them on my car though, I hang them on the man cave wall!   :biggrin:
2010 EB Flex Limited Dark Ink Blue Metallic/White Suede two tone

Sadly it is the wife's car, so I can't go too crazy on it...just a simple tune for now.

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: adelsin on July 23, 2013, 04:07:59 PM
can PPE set me up with something like this?
I'm going to talk to them and see if we can reproduce, this set cost me a LOT of money. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

geswek

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 23, 2013, 03:48:58 PM
Quote from: geswek on July 23, 2013, 03:44:14 PM
48whp just from an exhaust cut out?

I'm sorry, but I call straight bull cow pie on that one.

You should dyno before and after. I want to see this LOL.
I've done back to back testing at the track with my 91 octane tune on stock turbos, .2 and 2mph difference that's 20HP on nearly stock HP, the more boost, the more power you'll pick up. On my old Impala SS with electric cutouts I picked up 40HP open vs closed on my 175 shot of nitrous. I have extensive background with cutouts, and the power they pick up, it's no joke and you get to keep a mostly quiet car 99% of the time. But hey, what do I know, right? :)

Hmm, you know nothing -- we know this. ;)

I'll have to check that out.

Shonuff1140

thatsmrgimp2u

Any more talk of ppe potentially producing these??

2011 ISM SHO; Airaid Intake

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

EcoPowerParts

I can get them made for $1200 + the cutout $400

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

thatsmrgimp2u

Oh that's all? Lmao. You weren't kidding when you said pricey!

2011 ISM SHO; Airaid Intake

2011 ISM SHO;  SCT X3 (Unleashed), Airaid Intake, PPE Downpipes, Magnaflow Mufflers and X-pipe with Vibrant resonators, 170 Thermostat, H&R Springs, RX CSS
12.91@107

StrawHatShinobi

There really is something to be said for quiet though, tooting around unsuspectingly then opening a can a whoop ass!
'13 Eco screw FX4 - THE56 turbos, AEM Dry flow, MAK DP, 4" exhaust, meth injection, Walbro 450 lift pump, 2"HBS level, 20" Fuel Nuts on 33" Toyo M/T's

DJE624

Quote from: redsand on October 16, 2013, 12:12:01 AM
There really is something to be said for quiet though, tooting around unsuspectingly then opening a can a whoop ass!

I like my stock exhaust.  I was going to fiddle with it but when I did a sound bite, it sounded great.  Just a mellow rumble.

jimmyducati

Very nice! I looked at the website, it does not say what exhaust this will bolt up to (if any). Will that work of art "bolt" up to a stock exhaust or possibly a set of downpipes and catback or is there a lot of fabrication in order?
2010 White SHO w/two tone interior
2005 Ducati 999s  (the daily ridder)
1998 Ducati 916  (the beauty queen)
1995 Ducati 900ss (the track terror)
1978 Harley Davidson Shovelhead

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: jimmyducati on October 17, 2013, 09:12:08 PM
Very nice! I looked at the website, it does not say what exhaust this will bolt up to (if any). Will that work of art "bolt" up to a stock exhaust or possibly a set of downpipes and catback or is there a lot of fabrication in order?
It bolts to factory or aftermarket down pipes and requires you to modify stock or aftermarket cat back exhaust to replace first 15" of pipe with cutout.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

www.ecopowerparts.com -