• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Catless downpipe owners please read and reply

Started by EcoPowerParts, July 03, 2014, 01:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO9987

I've got SW catless DPs and catback exhaust.  I've had no problems with smoke what so ever.  Although I did notice after I first installed everything that there was just a bit of white smoke.  This was seen as I was having a buddy drive the car and I was following in my jeep.  It did not last long so I attributed it to the high temp gasket sealer I used when installing my exhaust just burning off. 
2013 SHO Non-PP, Catless DPs, Custom 2.5" exhaust, Airraid CAI, Stock Turbo Upgrades, snow - W/M system, custom tune

Josephm

That mazdaspeed's showed this problem as well going with no cats at all. They came to the conclusion that the seals need a little bit of back pressure to prevent the oil from getting through.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

AJP turbo

Quote from: Josephm on September 17, 2014, 11:58:03 PM
That mazdaspeed's showed this problem as well going with no cats at all. They came to the conclusion that the seals need a little bit of back pressure to prevent the oil from getting through.

Eh not really buying that...I have a 2014 mustang GT with a twin turbo kit with no cats and a 3" exhaust with no mufflers. No smoke there.

Looks like my car came from Ford with bad turbos but I'm not really sure how you can go about fixing that. My car doesn't smoke now since I put the stock cat back on. So that's no smoke with catless DP's and stock cat back.

If I put the Stainless works cat back on with the catless downpipes and let it smoke they will say it's from having catless pipes on it. If I put the stock cats on and stainless works catback it won't smoke either. So you either need the stock cats OR make sure the 3rd cat is on if you run catless down pipes to stop the smoke.

I don't really believe my turbos were bad from ford but I'm trying to go along with it since there are others here that say they get no smoke from catless downpipes.

I'd like to see a video of the people who say they get no smoke. Stick a cam behind the car and while in park hold your foot to the floor for 5 seconds and let off. I would like to see people that have catless downpipes and a catback that deletes the 3rd cat. I think some are getting smoke and don't know it....I could see it if I floored it in neutral for 5 seconds and let it sit at the 3400rpm limiter then run around the back and see it..You have to do it quick though...

Unless it's really sucking a lot of oil through the PCV
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

wasinger3000

Quote from: ajpturbo on September 22, 2014, 03:11:27 AM
Quote from: Josephm on September 17, 2014, 11:58:03 PM

Eh not really buying that...I have a 2014 mustang GT with a twin turbo kit with no cats and a 3" exhaust with no mufflers. No smoke there.

Looks like my car came from Ford with bad turbos but I'm not really sure how you can go about fixing that. My car doesn't smoke now since I put the stock cat back on. So that's no smoke with catless DP's and stock cat back.

If I put the Stainless works cat back on with the catless downpipes and let it smoke they will say it's from having catless pipes on it. If I put the stock cats on and stainless works catback it won't smoke either. So you either need the stock cats OR make sure the 3rd cat is on if you run catless down pipes to stop the smoke.

I don't really believe my turbos were bad from ford but I'm trying to go along with it since there are others here that say they get no smoke from catless downpipes.

I'd like to see a video of the people who say they get no smoke. Stick a cam behind the car and while in park hold your foot to the floor for 5 seconds and let off. I would like to see people that have catless downpipes and a catback that deletes the 3rd cat. I think some are getting smoke and don't know it....I could see it if I floored it in neutral for 5 seconds and let it sit at the 3400rpm limiter then run around the back and see it..You have to do it quick though...

Unless it's really sucking a lot of oil through the PCV
Take me for a ride in the TT stang! ;D
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.