• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Work started on the cutout...

Started by EcoPowerParts, April 02, 2014, 06:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dmharvey79

Any updates on this cutout...availability, pricing, etc?

EcoPowerParts

I'm still in Canada I'll check back when I get home

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

dmharvey79

Sounds good, and I'm like a little kid waiting for Christmas! (-:

91hybrid

Any current state updates on this?

Thanks
2014 SHO -PP, Unleashed Tuned, 3bar, Devils Own 100% meth, PPE catted down pipes, 3rd cat delete, Magnaflow 2.5" exhaust, 170 deg, NGK 7's plugs, hot pipes - White Platinum 401a
418 whp - 513 wlb/ft
non meth 13.11@103.6 (knock limited)
Meth pass 11.991@114.28

EcoPowerParts

First one is built, need to get a car in to install and test however shop is backlogged right now due to other cars. Should be another 2 weeks and then we can schedule for some dynos. :)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

BiGMaC

OK!   What's involved Mike.... I'm excited!

PM, email,  or text details as you have them of the process, fitment anticipated, time, $$,  and the physical install... location in the car's exhaust, controls, valves, etc.  .....email might be good to see pics of the current model.

Understand you're real busy on the fueling project, work has me busy too... bet we can work something out that fits both our schedules... if it took longer than 2 weeks that's OK.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

EcoPowerParts

Nothing yet until Jeremy get's his garage cleared out.
Install is SUPER EASY as far as bolting it in.
You need to order one of these though - no options are required, if you want the solenoid you can purchase it from them for the control scenario.

http://www.spracingonline.com/store/_SP_Exhaust_Cutout_3%5C_%5C___Boost_Activated_/3673
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on May 01, 2014, 06:35:49 PM
Nothing yet until Jeremy get's his garage cleared out.
Install is SUPER EASY as far as bolting it in.
You need to order one of these though:
http://www.spracingonline.com/store/_SP_Exhaust_Cutout_3%5C_%5C___Boost_Activated_/3673

OK... Just got off the phone to Reid at Sound Performance Racing.... But need to know 3  things.... to order... and a couple for my info

1) Y-pipe stainles weld-on or valve only
2) No flanges... 1 weld-on stainless (where?) or 2
3) can we use the solenoid and Hobbs switch?   ... since they list it as starting to open at 5psi boost I'd like to be able to disable opening from my console... likely in where the autopark switch is)

The "for me" stuff here:     
Finally... Is it adjustable as far as opening pressures?... starts to open pretty low at 5psi  and listed as not fully open until 20PSI boost, ...AND... will the assembled CO flanges be in or behind the DPs?... etc.

TIA

As soon as I get the info (1,2,3 above) I can give Reid my order.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

BiGMaC

Apologies... reading too fast... PM sent does contain a couple of other questions.... when you can. TIA

Valve and solenoid with Hobbs switch ordered from SP Racing.

FoMoCoSHO

I am also curious about adjustability of the opening pressure.....

EcoPowerParts

It's a wastegate actuator, if you want to adjust the opening pressure higher just use a simple ball bearing MBC to make it happen. It can't open sooner though. :)
The only way to get it to open sooner is to see if SPracing can do a lower pressure WGA spring.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

BiGMaC

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on May 02, 2014, 10:51:44 AM
It's a wastegate actuator, if you want to adjust the opening pressure higher just use a simple ball bearing MBC to make it happen. It can't open sooner though. :)
The only way to get it to open sooner is to see if SPracing can do a lower pressure WGA spring.

Sooner is not what I'm looking for... but to have it start opening about 9-10PSI so that it's not open when just cruising...

To be clear, are you talking about what i've seen called a "manual boost controller" usually used on waste gate valves... basically a valve put in the boost line containing a spring compressing a ceramic ball bearing for the valve seal with a manually screwed down spring tensioner?

EcoPowerParts

Yup, the valve is just a wastegate actuator from a turbo, works the same.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

SHOmanMike84

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway