• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Escape 1.6T

Started by firewater88, July 16, 2020, 05:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firewater88

Looking around for a car for my daughter and found a 2014 Escape with the 1.6T.  Never thought I'd add another EB to the garage, but this one is in the price range. It has almost 200k miles on it. What should I look for with that mileage? Car looks clean and well taken care of, have not seen service records yet.
Thanks
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

StealBlueSho

Quote from: firewater88 on July 16, 2020, 05:05:46 PM
Looking around for a car for my daughter and found a 2014 Escape with the 1.6T.  Never thought I'd add another EB to the garage, but this one is in the price range. It has almost 200k miles on it. What should I look for with that mileage? Car looks clean and well taken care of, have not seen service records yet.
Thanks
At 200K miles everything is suspect I would imagine. I'm not trying to be difficult... but that's a lot of miles for a gasoline turbo engine...

At a minimum...

Timing chain
Water pump
Shocks/struts
Turbo
Brakes

Plus I would call my local ford dealers to run the vin to get service records if there are any...

What does the Carfax say?

firewater88

That was my list pretty much too, don't worry about being too difficult, I come here for honest answers... no fluff. This is the only eco one that has popped up in my searches in that price range.
I've replaced the motor and turbos in my Flex at 80k and I have 80k on the new and I still have fear of something going.
I might just pass on this one and go with a little older model, pre eco. Unless stuff has already been replaced recently, but I'd guess the price wouldn't be that low if it had.

Thanks
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

Macgyver

What is the price range  ?

bamsho

I would be afraid of the 1.6EB.  They have issues with the heads cracking. 
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

firewater88

Quote from: Macgyver on July 18, 2020, 02:36:37 PM
What is the price range  ?
He has it listed at 5900. I've been looking around the 5k mark for other older escapes. I can handle higher mileage on a na car, just worried about the EB with high miles.
I think I might pass on this one and keep looking.
2011 Flex Titanium EB
Retired- 1992 SHO

Macgyver

Well see whats out there for around that with say 120k to 150k miles. 200k is a lot of miles.......

Autotrader and Cargurus are decent sites. Then you can always roll onto Ebay motors and Facebook MP. Just to get an idea of whats out there.