• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Suggestions where to buy PPE catted DPs

Started by 10ECOMKS, February 19, 2020, 08:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO NVS

You are so right about nothing "Random" in Cali, LMAO!  You are going to need to be Houdini with that Meth install to pass visual inspection or find a "helpful" smog shop, lol.
2013 SHO PP, 3BAR MAP, Gearhead Tune, EPP CAI, 170* Thermo, JLT Catch Can, MSD Coils, H&R Springs, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, PPE Catted Downpipes, Whiteline Rear Sway Bar, SSM Motor Mounts, Gearhead Intercooler, Gearhead Upgraded Turbos, Noise Maker Delete, Boomba Racing BOV

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SHO NVS on May 09, 2020, 11:59:29 AM
You are so right about nothing "Random" in Cali, LMAO!  You are going to need to be Houdini with that Meth install to pass visual inspection or find a "helpful" smog shop, lol.
The meth install would not be an issue as its not an emissions gizmo. I venture to say most smog stations wont ask or know. They verifying the usual suspects. Cats, EGR, CEL and emissions readiness. With all the computer stuff and our AWD drive they never measure emissions. So just find a friend at a smog shop. lol
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SM105K

The Catted PPE's will pass CA emissions and will not throw a CEL. I also highly doubt a tech will remove the splash guard from under your SHO to look for a modified exhaust. If you need help let me know. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

Dxlnt1

Quote from: SM105K on May 09, 2020, 06:24:01 PM
The Catted PPE's will pass CA emissions and will not throw a CEL. I also highly doubt a tech will remove the splash guard from under your SHO to look for a modified exhaust. If you need help let me know.
If its a STAR station they likely will. Computer tells them where and how many Cats are on the car. Also if for some manner you remove an O2 sensor, that too is one of the visual checks they do. As for the modified exhaust, ALL exhausts are legal. You only need worry about 2 things. If all OEM Cats are present and does it pass noise barriers.

To the OP, I have been running my catted PPE downpipes with ZERO issues as far as CEL. But that DAM STAR station got me lol
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

SM105K

Quote from: Dxlnt1 on May 10, 2020, 04:47:21 PM
If its a STAR station they likely will. Computer tells them where and how many Cats are on the car. Also if for some manner you remove an O2 sensor, that too is one of the visual checks they do. As for the modified exhaust, ALL exhausts are legal. You only need worry about 2 things. If all OEM Cats are present and does it pass noise barriers.

To the OP, I have been running my catted PPE downpipes with ZERO issues as far as CEL. But that DAM STAR station got me lol

Another reason to jettison yourself from that amazing state. 
"M" 2013 SHO PP | AJPTurbo E30 Tune | FS HPFP | Stock IC with Ice Water DIY Sprayer | PPE Downpipes | Custom Magnaflow Resonator | 3rd Cat Delete | Derale Upgraded Trans Cooler | Dicunzolo Gen2 Trans Mounts| EPP Noisemaker Eliminator | MSD Coil Over Plugs | SP-542's | UPR Dual Valve Catch Can | K&N Drop In | Power Stop Slotted and Drilled Rotors with Stock PP Pads | H&R Springs  | AVS Flush Deflector | 802SHO Custom Splitter | Duraflex Chin Spoiler | Curva Concept C7's | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber | 411 HP and 546 TQ |

"The Fukus" 2013 Focus ST | Boomba BOV | FSWerks Short Shifter | Power Stop Brakes | Continental DWS06 Extreme Contact Rubber |

bpd1151

Quote from: SM105K on May 11, 2020, 10:43:09 AMAnother reason to jettison yourself from that amazing state.

I like that Elon Musk is doing so.

Kind of funny some of the reactions to that action too. The good 'ol "F@cK Elon Musk" was dropped among other colorful comments.

Ha!

Taking his dollars elsewhere. Seems to be a growing theme around this country as nonsense continues to fester.

Interesting times to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

SM105K

Quote from: bpd1151 on May 11, 2020, 11:00:31 AM
Quote from: SM105K on May 11, 2020, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: Dxlnt1 on May 10, 2020, 04:47:21 PM

Another reason to jettison yourself from that amazing state.
I like that Elon Musk is doing so.

Kind of funny some of the reactions to that action too. The good 'ol "F@cK Elon Musk" was dropped among other colorful comments.

Ha!

Taking his dollars elsewhere. Seems to be a growing theme around this country as nonsense continues to fester.

Interesting times to say the least.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Nevada and Texas I am sure will love that money and those jobs.  I would hope that with the savings from taxes and wages, that the price of those Tesla could drop a bit. 

At this point in my life, I would never consider a Tesla.  However they are damn cool.  I took a L in the street light to street light grand prix to a P100D in my SHO, and it wasn't even close.