• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Weight reduction and the rules

Started by bamsho, May 31, 2020, 08:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamsho

Yeah I'm going there.

This is always a hot topic, no matter what car it is or what class you run at the track.  Everyone has there opinion. 

We have seen just seat removal to full blown stripping of interiors. 

Probably what most don't know, there are some rules that cover our cars.   Now it's up to each track owner and the person in charge of tech to enforce these rules.

I know most tracks overlook or really don't know much about these rules,  and our cars are overlooked.

I get it, have been racing enough the past 5 years to know how "things work"

The IHRA rule is in the attachment.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

76fomoco

interesting, our track will not let you have a co-rider in anything 14.00 and faster.
2013 PP AJP E30 160 TS, sp542 plugs, 3 bar, PPE catted DP's, GH IC, GH turbos, XDI-35, EPP hot and intake
Best 3-29-21  11.85 with 3000 DA
DA trap best 117.96
E30 = 492 whp, 536 wtq
E30+meth 498 whp, 539 wtq

802SHO

At New England Dragway I forget exactly what it is but its in the 13 second range or slower to have a passenger. 

Test and Tune though any car can go down the track basically.  Right?  I'll see motorcycles, snowmobiles, trucks, full blown race cars, street cars.  Tech seems to have general things they look for and use across the board.  They're more interested in if you're getting close to the (needing a roll cage) time lapse and if very basic functions of the car work.  Also serious about your fire jacket if you have nitrous and your clothing...no shorts! 

My car is definitely an illegal street car.  Bbbbbbbbbreakin the law!  My front window tint is so naughty!  Hehe!  And my catless downpipes.....I know..hardened criminal ovaheeeeeeeerrreee! 

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20