• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

DP + Catback = No tune update?

Started by Jtrain, July 10, 2014, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jtrain

I'm sifting my way through these forums and finding a lot of useful information.

I think I'm being sold a load of s*** though, and maybe LMS can chime in here and help me out.

The company I bought my tune from assured me that after I purchase the exhaust and or downpipes of my chosing. My so called, 'tune' will not need any modifications.

Now this platform is completely foreign to me, but in my world... this sounds WAY too good to be true.

Thoughts?
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

SHOdded

Technically, true.  No tune NEEDED.  But do you WANT your tune to accommodate?  Heck YEAH!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

The vehicles do auto adjust for AFR/boost via torque commanded tables. However you might be able to get more out of it once you do downpipes/exhaust and so a retune with some log revisions can usually get a few more ponies out of your Explorer or see if you're hitting torque limits with the old tune.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Jtrain

I didn't get an LMS tune, Someone showed me a shiny dyno sheet and I jumped on it. I'm so mad about it, and these companys love telling you tough s*** on these things.

I hate OBD2 tuners x666666666

I'm actually Renting my local tuner (who did the g35 work)'s dyno to have this guy (who happens to be local) come and prove to me that I got what I paid for.

I really just want a reason to buy the same thing all over again -____-
2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Jtrain on July 10, 2014, 07:29:07 PM
I didn't get an LMS tune, Someone showed me a shiny dyno sheet and I jumped on it. I'm so mad about it, and these companys love telling you tough s*** on these things.

I hate OBD2 tuners x666666666

I'm actually Renting my local tuner (who did the g35 work)'s dyno to have this guy (who happens to be local) come and prove to me that I got what I paid for.

I really just want a reason to buy the same thing all over again -____-
Get me your strategy and let's see if SCT covers your vehicle, if so Torrie is more than responsive and will do custom tunes with data logging for you. :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Jtrain

Strategy? Like what I want to accomplish? What are you asking for?

panther427

Quote from: Jtrain on July 10, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
Strategy? Like what I want to accomplish? What are you asking for?

Strategy code...aka computers program number of the ecm./ecu
2013 SHO

crash712us

As the old adage goes. Buyer beware. With the two tuners on this forum, we all can say we are 100% satisfied with the tunes we have received them.

Your apprehensions about exhaust and down pipes are not unfounded. This is true with car that have mass air flow sensors. Our car utilized MAPS in what's call speed density tuning and is very adaptable.

But I don't know who you got your tune from. Nor am I interested but the two tuners here offer life time updates.

Sorry that you got burned, but I can say with 100% certainty with the above mentioned tuners you with be 100% pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

Jtrain

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 10, 2014, 07:33:05 PM
Get me your strategy and let's see if SCT covers your vehicle, if so Torrie is more than responsive and will do custom tunes with data logging for you. :)

I'll send you a pic of my tuner on here or something. I'm not sure I got 'burned' but it's 100% clear to me that there are DEFINITELY better choices. I've got a fantastic relationship with my ccard company- if I at all feel taken advantage of, I'll be taken care of. "non returnable" my ass.

Anyway, I'd gladly pay someone to use the hardware I'm "stuck" with, I slotted this thing on a dyno and it was freaking sad... Even the timing look bad

I understand this is a MAP car, I was very relieved to hear that- I spent about 5k to get my G35 that way. So I KNOW that I wouldn't NEED a tune for safety, I'm just trying to figure out how bad these guys are.

Hard for me to jump into DP and exhaust when I'm not even really sure I've got the tune settled. Sucks, cuz this thing is quiet and I HATE quiet cars.