• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

explorer sport bov

Started by hindi1973, September 26, 2013, 01:28:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hindi1973

Hi everyone i am a new member in the forum and aproud owner of an explorer sport 2013, I was woundering how many bov's does the explorer have ? And if i want to vent to atmosphere where can i find them , Are they similar to the f150 under the car only ? Finally when i take the hose of the hard part shall i cap the rubber hose or the hard part? and is adding a crankcase vent filter a must on the open side just incase no dust gets in ?

thanks

moe

crash712us

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

hindi1973

the 2013 explorer is abit different regarding the location of the bov and that it might be transferred to a single bov .

hindi1973

this is an example of what the 2013 explorer sport engine bay looks like , i just dont see that its similar to other how to posts .

hindi1973

EcoPowerParts

Take your engine cover off, you should see a rear e-bov connected to the air intake pipe.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

QwikSHO

Take off your engine cover and you'll be able to see both BOV's if you use the "how to."

I was going to do this on my wife's Sport, but she shot it down.    So when I bought my SHO, this is one of the first things I did.  LOL

I researched and found the non-red caps on eBay.

hindi1973

everything is sorted out . thanks everyone for ur help , my brain wasnt working right

chuxsvt

Here's A Stupid Question.If I Cap Off Both Bov.. Where Does Relive Pressure From..I Can'tFindWhere The Pssssh Comes From..Or Am I Doing It Wrong..Just Cap Off The Two Hoses right.

crash712us

you don't cap off the blow off valve. you cap off recirc tube, where you removed the hose from.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

chuxsvt

Oooooooh..I Was About To Mess tHings Up.. I Thought I Saw A Cap On The Bov..That's Why I Was confused...Okok Got It.

JimiJak

Quote from: chuxsvt on April 28, 2014, 12:48:15 AM
Oooooooh..I Was About To Mess tHings Up.. I Thought I Saw A Cap On The Bov..That's Why I Was confused...Okok Got It.

That's ok...you just would have ended up with an excuse to buy new intake pipes after you cracked the stock plastic ones. LOL

"America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed." - Eleanor Roosevelt

2014 XSport Black Betty Build

Rican219

ZSHO

Theres a reason why they made the rear bov hose difficult to remove,so you dont touch it,just leave it alone it will save you from future headaches.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

TTSport15

I did mine this weekend just plugged the lines with some pvc plugs i rigged from the depot...sounds kool 4 now
I Bleed BLue