• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

H&R Spring Installation

Started by ClearwaterSHO, January 04, 2018, 04:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on January 09, 2018, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 09, 2018, 10:49:25 AM
I'm hoping the alignment guy knows what he is doing! 
What type of alignment machine?  Hunter is one of the best IIRC! Best of luck and keep us updated!   Z  :)

Haha, I hope it's a Hunter. My brother works for Hunter.

Sigh.... apparently he doesn't and even with the bolts he wasn't able to get the camber right in the back. He said that wasn't enough threads. Do you guys have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 NON-PP SHO Tuxedo Black
Unleashed 3 Bar Tune -12.865 @ 106.5
AJP POWERED Tune - 12.59 @ 108.?

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

ZSHO

Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on January 09, 2018, 04:55:07 PM
Quote from: ClearwaterSHO on January 09, 2018, 11:15:01 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on January 09, 2018, 10:49:25 AM
I'm hoping the alignment guy knows what he is doing! 
What type of alignment machine?  Hunter is one of the best IIRC! Best of luck and keep us updated!   Z  :)

Haha, I hope it's a Hunter. My brother works for Hunter.

Sigh.... apparently he doesn't and even with the bolts he wasn't able to get the camber right in the back. He said that wasn't enough threads. Do you guys have any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Adam(Polski) had a similar issue with his 13_NON_PP! Courtesy) of POLSKI  hope this helps any!
Don't have access to the FSM @ the moment! 

My alignment place wouldn't mess with the alignment camber bolts. I had to eye it and basically make them as positive as i could and it was in spec and  they turned out to be super close to each other. There is no need to take off the axle nuts on the front. Check the bump stops, mine were fine, I cleaned and lubed them. To get the control arm bolts out in the front they are spined so beat with a hammer may need heat. I also bought thru sockets from Craftsman but  they were short so I guess thru deep sockets are needed. The end link nuts are locking so I would recommend a couple new ones in case you have to heat one or two to get them off. The rears were a bigger pain in the ass as they are very tight. I had to spin the spring to a side that doesn't sit correctly in the spring seat to get them in and then spin them once they were in to hit the spring stop.

Pro tip:
Once done on a level surface loosen the strut bar and then retighten so there isn't any weird stress on the frame/body.

Feel free to reach out with any questions. The car is substantially lower. I need to buy higher sidewall tires for my winter steelies so keep that in mind. Test all the usual driveways so you don't jack anything under the car. I had to grind down some concrete on the entrance to my garage because the middle muffler was catching

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ClearwaterSHO

:'(   anyone have an idea where I can get a bumper and that chrome piece that goes around the grill.... had a mishap omw home from the shop.

Mods: GH Intercooler, E30 Tune by AJPTurbo, SW Catless DP's, H&R Springs, MSD Coils (Is this a mod?)

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on January 09, 2018, 07:48:32 PM
What happened! hopefully on one was hurt!  Z

https://parts.levittownfordparts.com/auto-parts/2013/ford/taurus/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/bumper-and-components-front-scat

Guy in front of me started to go and right as I was starting to go he hit his brakes and I kissed his trailer hitch with my front bumper. It's not bad. Front plate mount took most of the hit. The bumper has a small dent behind the plate mount and the chrome trim piece is cracked. I would say I was going about 3 mph, so no one was hurt at all. I appreciate you asking though!

lamrith

Get those types a fair share out here honestly. go, nogo, go, nogo.  I have gotten to the point I do not take my eyes off them or touch the gas until I see them pulling away by almost a carlength.

Glad you are ok, plastic can be replaced easy enough.
'13 Sho PP, SCT x4, AJP 92-Octane rev6 (14psi&20spark) NGK 6510, 3Bar, K&N CAI, PPE Catted DP, Dynomax Axleback, 20*9.5 Voxx Lago w/ 275/40-20 GMAX AS-05.

ZSHO

If you have a chance feel free to post some pic's!  TIA . Z  :)

ClearwaterSHO

PICS!!

ZSHO

Nice man!  :thumb:  enjoy the new ride! 
Btw fixed the above pic for ya!   :)  Z

polskifacet

That chrome piece is like 500 bucks. Shop painted mine black.
AEM Dryflo drop in. PP Transmission Cooler and thermostat. 160 tstat, 3 bar map, plugs, AJP 93 Tune, PP Shocks and Springs

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: polskifacet on January 12, 2018, 09:38:05 AM
That chrome piece is like 500 bucks. Shop painted mine black.

$500!! YIKES! I managed to push small dent in the bumper out. It's good to go. I will let that chrome piece stay cracked if it's $500. It's barely noticeable unless you stick your face up to it.

ClearwaterSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on January 12, 2018, 09:27:15 AM
Nice man!  :thumb:  enjoy the new ride! 
Btw fixed the above pic for ya!   :)  Z

Thanks Z! You're the man. I'm thinking ole girl needs some new shoes!