• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

JUST FYI: Starter turns, car wouldn't start (fixed)

Started by 14 TUX BL, March 30, 2016, 12:02:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Are they open on Saturdays as well for repair work (not just ticket writeups)?  If not, you may be out of luck till Monday.  Maybe a call to the Service Manager after lunch is due?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Quote from: r1crusher on April 08, 2016, 11:30:22 AM
Going on day 2 in the shop and no call or word as to my issue yet.  When I was there the service writer was getting his ass chewed by a customer because he was there to pick up his car and they didn't even start on it.  So I'm pretty leery as to what I'm going to expect from them and more importantly...when.  :(
Did they provide you with a loaner?  BTW it certainly varies by dealers,most dealers supply basic parts only and in most cases need to special order the part IMO.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

r1crusher

SHOdded...I believe their service dept. is open on Saturdays but I will be calling after lunch time today to see what's going on if anything.

Z...you would think as a premium care customer they're just provide you with a loaner but even with that I've had to beg for a loaner or have to wait weeks to schedule an appointment just to get a loaner.  I'm betting they're going to have to order parts but it would be nice to know the issue at least.  That's just part of providing good customer service, IMO.

I'll post up once I talk to someone in a little bit...hopefully.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

r1crusher

Just got off the phone with the service dept. at the dealership.  Car is fixed and ready for pickup!

Issue: Fuel pressure sensor

Cost: $100...wtf!

I'm trying to find information on the std. warranty, but he said that because it's over the 3/36 and the issue was electrical/electronic that my extended warranty picked up and covered it thus the $100 bill.  I need to find out more about the recall that was posted but I don't think it's going help in my case.

Off to the dealer at 4:30 to get my car back and put my 3 bar and tune back on.  I'll get the exact info from the service sheet posted afterwards in case anyone is interested.  I'm curious how much the part costs and if I got my $100 worth of parts/labor...like not I'm going to guess. :(
'17 XSport

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Looks like just about $100 MSRP on the FPS AA5Z9F972A :
https://secure.revolutionparts.com/levittown-ford/ford/taurus/aa5z9f972a/2013-year/sho-trim/3-5l-v6-gas-engine/fuel-system-cat/fuel-system-components-scat/?part_name=pressure-sensor

More commonly heard of these failing on the Fusion lineup.  Let's see how it works out.  Def post a copy of the service sheet ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

X2 Here's a pic of that little Varmint and basically the same price.  Z       MOTORCRAFT CM5223 {#AA5Z9F972A}
Located Fuel Injector Pipe

$52.79

r1crusher

Z and SHOdded....I found the same thing.  I'm betting that's the part.  I did find another part listed on Rockauto but it was only like $15 and the description said it was an "line sensor" or the like.  Not likely that's it but I'll post up that service sheet in a little bit.

I wonder what the techs would think if I popped the hood and threw the 3 bar and tune back in it before I left the lot.  :lol:
'17 XSport

SHOdded

They'd be wondering who was burning rubber in a ... gasp ... Taurus!!!

r1crusher

Well...we were all wrong it appears.  Attached is the service sheet...problem...the actual fuel pump controller/driver!

How that failed!?!?  Got me!

She's home and back to being a bad bad girl.  :D
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Nope, the right call was made the first time, it IS the FPDM.  Glad the SHO is once again full of badassery ...

ZSHO

I guess you were right about this Dealer being (busy)because based on the work order they did not even test drive the car and to confirm the codes did not return just makes you wonder,enjoy and try to keep her under a 100.  Z 

r1crusher

Quote from: SHOdded on April 08, 2016, 05:47:23 PM
Nope, the right call was made the first time, it IS the FPDM.  Glad the SHO is once again full of badassery ...

Sorry SHOdded...I should have been more specific.  We were wrong to think it was the pressure sensor on the fuel rail that was replaced.  I checked the sensor on the fuel rail it was original to the car when I put the 3 bar and tune back on.

Now to get some data logging done that I've been putting off for so long.
'17 XSport

BiGMaC

Quote from: r1crusher on April 08, 2016, 05:42:34 PM
Well...we were all wrong it appears.  Attached is the service sheet...problem...the actual fuel pump controller/driver!

How that failed!?!?  Got me!

She's home and back to being a bad bad girl.  :D

Glad you got the ecobeast back in working order!

When my dealer did mine they did not do the bypas test.... So they replaced the LPFP first and then when it died in the street again (during the tech's test drive) they replaced the fuel control module and all was well after that... So I will never know really if my LPFP was bad at all. Guess FMC learned a lesson somewhere along the way.

I read your repair statement, thanks for posting.... I will note that my dealer didn't charge me sales tax on the extended warranty deductible... I also couldn't believe only 7.25%.... Our rate here is 9.75%.

Rock on!!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

r1crusher

Thanks Mac!

I found it interesting that they have a way to bypass the FPDM for testing it.  $hit I could have jumped the sucker to get it running if I'd found that little gem of info!

And I used to live in a county with the lowest sales tax....6.75% until I move to where I'm at now so I hate 7.25%.  LOL!
'17 XSport