• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cutouts

Started by 16xsport, February 12, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: JeffsSport on March 11, 2016, 11:34:10 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on March 11, 2016, 11:16:14 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 11, 2016, 10:56:30 PM
I know a while back they had issues with the CW Tunes which was remedied by closing the throttle blade at various points and open it much slower to keep from having the issue with winter blend gas,just a thought.  Z

That excuse would not fly with me...but whatever its not even worth arguing over....my throttle is open all the time regardless of cold temps

Im really getting sick and tired of hearing lms talk about the fuel system being maxxed out on pump gas at the low levels of boost they run on their 3 bar tunes

Maybe the average person will buy that bs but i know better...and when anyone suggest they run harder than lms they will just say its not safe and thats garbage too

Id have much more respect for lms if they just said the level of power that is available with our tune is the most we are comfortable releasing in a mass produced non custom tune rather than saying they are running the fuel system at max capacity which is wrong
Hello, I don't really know you but constantly see you bashing LMS. Have you been tuning ecoboosts long or have a shop? I'd love to have you tune my SHO or maybe even my Lightning.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

No shop...you wouldnt want a tune from me

I had my fill of the pro tunes out there ...

Been tuning my sho long enough to know a good tune from a bad one...i couldnt tune your lightning, not familiar with it
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

BlueSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 11, 2016, 11:42:34 PM
Quote from: JeffsSport on March 11, 2016, 11:34:10 PM
I know a while back they had issues with the CW Tunes which was remedied by closing the throttle blade at various points and open it much slower to keep from having the issue with winter blend gas,just a thought.  Z

That excuse would not fly with me...but whatever its not even worth arguing over....my throttle is open all the time regardless of cold temps

Im really getting sick and tired of hearing lms talk about the fuel system being maxxed out on pump gas at the low levels of boost they run on their 3 bar tunes

Maybe the average person will buy that bs but i know better...and when anyone suggest they run harder than lms they will just say its not safe and thats garbage too

Id have much more respect for lms if they just said the level of power that is available with our tune is the most we are comfortable releasing in a mass produced non custom tune rather than saying they are running the fuel system at max capacity which is wrong
Hello, I don't really know you but constantly see you bashing LMS. Have you been tuning ecoboosts long or have a shop? I'd love to have you tune my SHO or maybe even my Lightning.

No shop...you wouldnt want a tune from me

I had my fill of the pro tunes out there ...

Been tuning my sho long enough to know a good tune from a bad one...i couldnt tune your lightning, not familiar with it
Oh ok. You've only tuned your SHO?

2016 SHO Blue Jeans
2001 Lightning
1996 Mystic Cobra

AJP turbo

Well and my turbo civic and a partial tune on my twin turbo coyote and my old infiniti g and okd wrx
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 11, 2016, 11:40:06 PM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 11, 2016, 11:35:25 PM

It is what it is my good friend.  Z     :)

I suppose...guess i should get over it...it shouldnt bother me because im not even a customer but it bugs me when it looks like lms doesnt even want to give the people a chance when they say they are having issues with the tune..i would be open to ideas and suggestions rather than saying it simply cant be the tune then issue revisions
They always have done the right thing by me IMHO,thats your perogative. BTW did not even get a welcome from you.  Z   :(

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 11, 2016, 11:40:06 PM
I suppose...guess i should get over it...it shouldnt bother me because im not even a customer but it bugs me when it looks like lms doesnt even want to give the people a chance when they say they are having issues with the tune..i would be open to ideas and suggestions rather than saying it simply cant be the tune then issue revisions
Even if this is true, makes them at least a 1,000% better than most of the so-called professional tuners out there.  Oh the horror stories out there!!!

And, just to be clear, let's let go of this topic, AJ.  If you have specific instances you wish to address, from a technical point of view, that's fine.  IE, state the problem and state your proposed solution.  It may or may not be well received, and that's fine.  Obviously, you won't be stopped from having your say (not our intent on this forum), but let people decide what they want after that.  If they want to be convinced, they will let you know :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Vortech347

I usually make fun of cut outs but I think on a turbo car like an eco-boost they might help.  I'm not going to be the lab rat though.
Matt H.
2013 SHO Performance Pack, Daily, AJPTurbo tuned
2003 SVT Cobra 497rwhp/491rwtq, Self tuned, Cruiser
1990 Mustang GT 570rwhp/530twtq, Self tuned, Open Track
2017 F150 XLT 5.0

SHOdded

Cutouts already proven to work on the EB, Mike (EcoPowerParts) did that on his Flex using electronically controlled units.  But yeah, it can be annoying on the street :)
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,808.msg7294.html#msg7294
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Here's what Mike's design looks like. Replaces the third cat, adjustable boost activated (set to start opening where you want and wide open at WOT), and can be set up with a manual solenoid switch to prevent opening at all.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

FoMoCoSHO

That cutout looks so bada$$ I'm gonna feel guilty for mounting it underneath my car...if I ever get around to doing it.

92BlackGT

whoa, exhaust pr0n
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph