• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cutouts

Started by 16xsport, February 12, 2016, 09:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quit messing around and go livelink with sct....how much are u spending on that other crap?
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

16xsport

Picked up the Kiwi 2 for $30. Much better than the other innovate device. Going to start logging here when I get some time off this weekend.

Update: I filled up at a mobile and wasn't noticing the missing. I reloaded the 93 tune and didn't notice it for a couple runs. I did start noticing that its only at Redline that it is happening now which leads me to the next conclusion/question... does LMS have a rev limiter still built in, or am I just maxing out the fuel pressure at 6500RPM? Logging will tell on the later of the two.

I did have a slight hiccup at one point and it was acting like it couldn't find 2nd on a pull. Either way, the excuse that my Cutouts are causing the issue is out the door because they don't seem to make a difference at this point, open or closed.
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

To-do... Everything? is that an answer?

AJP turbo

What the hell is kiwi garbage...need a real logger with a nice software package....not fuel pressure related...you have fuel for days up at 6500...the higher the better as far as rpm and fuel pressure...the problem would be above 15 psi and below 2500 rpm

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

16xsport

Kiwi is just the adapter so a phone/laptop can pick up the signal. The RPM hits the redline then it acts like there is a limiter there but a lot slower and more pronounced than an actual limiter
2016 xsport - VTA, Quicktime Performance Cutouts, 3Bar MAP, Livernois Tune, 180 deg Thermostat, K&N filter, Lamin-x headlight and fog covers, JL 10W7, Rockford T-1000bd

AJP turbo

Its how you read and view the data that sets apart the good logging packages...i doubt that kiwi thing will help you...almost seems like lms has something going in up top for some cars...we need good logs

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

Do you know what kind of fuel pressure you should see at redline?

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

16xsport

I don't. I have a general idea on where it should be when I see it but I don't know the figures. When I was building some of my past cars, I had a manufactures manual on ALL of the specs on PDF and could go on that. the Kiwi just takes the info from the OBD port and broadcasts it via WIFI

AJP turbo

So what do u think it should be? Take a guess

Blasting it over wifi is garbage...you need tools and graphs and histograms...it needs to be viewed in a format that will make sense

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

16xsport

if I remember from snooping around something around 900 psi... I was seeing 200 something at idle and I know its a mechanical pump operated by the lobe

AJP turbo

Quote from: 16xsport on February 18, 2016, 12:43:43 AM
if I remember from snooping around something around 900 psi... I was seeing 200 something at idle and I know its a mechanical pump operated by the lobe

If u have 900 u have a problem...you should have at least 1800 but most likely 2000-2200 psi depending on what is being commanded...you really need tuner level software to properly diagnose an issue with this.....the fact that you are blindly guessing at what the fuel pressure should be tells me that you will only find more questions which lead to more speculation with your kiwi logging endeavors....i kinda feel bad that you are about to waste precious moments of your life...you really need good logs and i dont know how you do that with lms ....this car will be widly different than anything else you have manuals on

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

16xsport

Like I said, I don't have all the specs so I would have to do some research and find out where things are supposed to be. The Kiwi is, again, just to broadcast. I have FORscan and another program to read PIDs and it does a decent job of it... Livelink isn't available for the 16 explorer and if the software is available then I will be able to use it with the Kiwi adapter.

AJP turbo

Live link is available for your car..but u need an sct device which would be silly for u to buy at this point

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

SHOdded

So, 93 gas with 91 tune was fine, but 93 gas with 93 tune was not?  If so, it seems that current fuel is not providing the cushion the tune needs, and you should keep running the 91 tune and filling up with 93 fuel.  LME does not advocate additives, so try to get quality E0 gas or unleaded "race" gas, see what happens.  Top end fuel pressure should max out near 2500 psi on a '13+.  No CELs?  No codes?

What is the sampling interval you are getting with the kiwi adapter?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

16xsport

93 from another station was giving me a lot of issues. 91 tune fixed it but it was sporadic sometimes. let the tank get low and filled up at a mobile and loaded the 93 tune back in and have not noticed an issue until I hit redline and then it acts like its hitting a rev limiter but slower (if that makes sense) The sampling rate is 10,000 Hz I believe(from what I can find). no codes, no CEL I ran the check with the OBD Fusion app that seems to be working nicely when paired and it wasn't kicking back anything. I tried to get FORscan to work with the adapter but for some reason it doesn't want to play nice. I will check out the SCT software and see if it will pair up with the Kiwi 2. I have this weekend off so I will get some logs and get them in here so people can go bananas with them. OBD fusion also supports dropbox for easy transfer

AJP turbo

You cant pair anything up with sct lol...you need to buy an x3 or x4 and plug into obd port and download live link gen 2 its free lol

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress