• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Let’s talk weight reduction?!

Started by StealBlueSho, May 23, 2020, 07:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Do you you think stripping your cars innards are worth a few extra tenths?!

Not judging, just generally curious what people think ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FoMoCoSHO

No...Just invites new squeaks and rattles.

StinkinLinkin13

I'll do seat's and spare maybe catback exhaust depending on setup etc.. but that's about it. That passenger seat is hefty. I figure the rest is fairly negligible... Only for track day as well.
Livernois Catless downpipes with Totalflow mufflers - AJP E40/Meth tune - Firestorm HPFP - DW 300 LPFP - Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump - 3 Bar Map - Alky Controls Meth Injection - 160° Thermostat - EPP Hot Pipes - AEM Dryflow Filter - BOV VTA - SSM Polyurethane Torque Struts - H&R Sport Springs - 20"x10" Niche Veronas on 275/40-20 DWS06 -

ridered74

Depends on where you are at time wise with your car, what your goals are, and if you are mechanically competent enough to remove stuff without breaking it so that you can put it back together as tho it were never apart.

If I was running a 12.5 I'm probably not going to pull anything out unless there is a specific person I want to beat and I think a tenth or two might help.

If I'm running 13.1 and I don't want to do any further mods but I really want to see a 12.x slip I would probably take a seat or two out.
Gearhead E30 tune, Gearhead intercooler, LMS firestorm hpfp, catted downpipes, corsa catback, 160 degree thermostat, 3 bar map, upgraded AD trans mounts, MSD coils, Nitto 555R drag tires on front, AR924 wheels and BFG sport comp 2 summer tires on rear, and an EPP intake.

12.2479 @ 118.05 fastest trap
11.591 @ 114.89   fastest ET

MKS Tom

The only way mine is losing weight is salads for me.  lol
2013 Lincoln MKS ecoboost, 70,000 miles.  3 bar map 93 tune (E30 in the future) by both AJP Turbo and Ortiz Performance.  PPE catted down pipes, EPP dual CAI (not yet installed so K&N drop in), .026 gapped SP542, 170 degree thermostat, Dynomax axlebacks, and Power Stop Z23 pads and rotors.

802SHO

I think it's worth it for a couple reasons...first being youre faster and second, less load on the drivetrain.  It's definitely not required of anyone to do and it comes down to your goals like Ken said.  But I will be willing to bet, no one will give two $hit$ what your interior looks like if you rip a 10 second quarter mile! 

Weight reduction is such an old school way of going faster it will NEVER go away.  Really think about all the extremely fast cars out there.  How many have hardly any interior...the majority.  Its not cheating.  Everyone who goes to a track has to pass a vehicle inspection.  So if we both pass inspection and you lose to me...be mad at yourself honestly lol! 

I just bought a lightweight battery.  21 pound Braille battery.  Also custom seat brackets from Jordan C to install the same lightweight Kirky racing driver seat he has.  If your goals are to win, don't over look reducing the weight of your vehicle.  Be foolish not to do (something) for example remove your spare tire and Jack. 

Let's be honest, you go to the track to see how fast you are....same thing in sports....don't try to set a record on a full stomach!

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

IG @802SHO 2010 SHO non PP, Tuned by AJP Turbo, 109 Octane + VP C85 for E30, Ported GH Gen 3 upgraded turbos, Ported 13+ Exhaust Manifolds, Custom FM IC TreadStone TR10C, EPP Hot Pipes, EPP Dual CAI, XDI35 HPFP, Deatschwerks 300C LPFP, Alky Control Methonal Injection, Alky dual nozzle upgrade, Zex Nitrous dual dry shots, Dicunzolo Gen2 torque mounts, MSD Coils, SP542 .026, 160 T, 3bar, Phenolic Spacer, Braille Lightweight Battery, Kirky Lightweight Racing Driver Seat, Catless Downpipes, custom stainless 2.5" double xpipe w/muffler deletes 4" quad tips, UPR Dual Valve Catch Can, 13+ PP Trans Cooler, Econoaid throttle Body Booster, Bravado Tribute 20x9.5 + 32 offset Wheels, Nitto NT555R Front Tires, Continental Extreme Contact DW Rear Tires and all are 275/35/20, H&R Springs all around w/rear cut 1/2", 1" hubcentric wheel spacers m14 1.5 stud/lug conversion, R1 Concepts Geomet slotted/drilled rotors with Heavy Duty Semi Metallic pads, Aeroforce Interceptor Gauge.
Currently World's Fastest Ecoboost SHO
11.063 @ 123.17 MPH!  NED 10/10/20

Macgyver

Quote from: 802SHO on May 25, 2020, 05:42:56 AM
Let's be honest, you go to the track to see how fast you are....same thing in sports....don't try to set a record on a full stomach!
Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

LOLOL. So True !!!