• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Any functionality missing?

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 18, 2013, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timeless

Maybe I am missing the option, but is there a way to have mouse over previews of the posts after you click on show unread (new posts) option?  Thanks!
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Timeless on July 31, 2013, 09:58:58 AM
Maybe I am missing the option, but is there a way to have mouse over previews of the posts after you click on show unread (new posts) option?  Thanks!
I'll take a look, most of the things I'm seeing are very out of date.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

mjhpadi

Maybe I'm not seeing it, but I don't see a place where I can see messages that I sent or and outbox of messages. 
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

EcoPowerParts

When you reply to a PM it will show it in the thread of the conversation.

EDIT you may have to turn on that functionality see the attached picture.
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

DJE624

Sometimes when I click on "show unread" it brings up already read posts.

Timeless

Quote from: DJE624 on August 13, 2013, 12:54:51 AM

Has happened to me also.
2014 RAM 1500 Sport - Daily
1986 RX7 LS1 SWAP - 305WHP - 2600LBS - FUN
2016 MAZDA CX-5 GT - Wife's
Frozen White with RS2 Package Ordered!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Timeless on August 13, 2013, 06:37:21 AM

Has happened to me also.
I can't fix that guys.

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -

DJE624

dimspace

looking at a few of these.

On the chatroom, the easiest way is to use a shoutbox that is already implemented with the portal (the thing that does the side blocks, panels etc). I have multiple chatrooms on my site (its a cycling site - we have a different chat for each race that is going on)

the downside is, this site uses EzPortal which i havnt looked into a great deal, I use SimplePortal which I know my way around like the back of my hand.

I see that the boss has implemented a chat of sorts, although it seems a little random as to who is available and who isnt. :S There are other options if needed.

dimspace

thats just weird. never come across that :D

DJE624

Just the last couple of days, I am not getting pop-ups for my PM's.  I checked my settings. If my browser was blocking pop-ups, it usually tells me it is.

EcoPowerParts

www.ecopowerparts.com -

DJE624

Yeah, that's where I checked. 

dimspace

dimspace

Quote from: DJE624 on August 19, 2013, 12:22:27 AM
Just the last couple of days, I am not getting pop-ups for my PM's.  I checked my settings. If my browser was blocking pop-ups, it usually tells me it is.

ok, have switched the pm notification method. This was largely a browser issue with new code. In opera it was working fine, in chrome it was working in some versions and not others, and in firefox it was not working at all.

I have replaced the popup (which has varying results in different browsers - and some ad blockers dont like it - and its not very effective on some mobiles), with a jquery announcement instead. (which is green, has the eco boost logo and shows you how many messages you have).