• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 14, 2015, 04:25:59 PM
Sure, go for it.  Life is too short to drive something you don't want.  Does your SHO have any options?

I'm kind of considering trading in my SHO for a 2015 Power Wagon that gets 12MPG on a good day.  But I love my SHO too much.  Trying to figure a way to have both, along with getting the wifey into a new SUV.    Need to win the powerball....
I have all the options I care to have which is nav and moonroof. I hate how ford won't let you get the PP with the driver assistance package.

What makes you want the power wagon so much? Most tests the raptor out performed it. Plus the new raptor will have the 3.5.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

PokerMunkee

It's a 3/4 and looks awesome.  It's a rock crawler and the Raptor is a desert runner.  Front/rear lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect, 12k lb winch, push button start, heated steering wheel, uconnect, ram box, etc etc that's better than current Raptor.  Raptor won't get 3.5 until 2017. 

Get a Laramie in granite just like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMSQtvu7HQ
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on May 14, 2015, 05:30:13 PM
It's a 3/4 and looks awesome.  It's a rock crawler and the Raptor is a desert runner.  Front/rear lockers, electronic sway bar disconnect, 12k lb winch, push button start, heated steering wheel, uconnect, ram box, etc etc that's better than current Raptor.  Raptor won't get 3.5 until 2017. 

Get a Laramie in granite just like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYMSQtvu7HQ
Sounds like you have your mind made up lol. It would be an awesome toy for the mountains but I wouldn't want to daily drive it.

I love how tall it is. Do you still have to unlink the front suspension for longer travel?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: wasinger3000 on May 14, 2015, 04:23:14 PM
Looking for an opinion...

Should I try to trade my car for another sho with the color I really want or just keep what I have.

If I did trade I'd want one in the Magnetic color with nav, moonroof, and the driver assist package.

Things keeping me from trading are, I bought my sho with 10k miles so it's still in excellent shape with zero issues and an extended warranty and I have my mods done to it already.

Right now there are some good prices on SHO's so I could make an even trade I think.
I'm very happy I traded up.

Love the PP and the car is just put together better.

Good luck finding that color unless you order.

SHOnUup

There's a SHO heading to the track tonight that's shooting for mid 11's. Weather permitting.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on May 15, 2015, 04:20:32 PM
There's a SHO heading to the track tonight that's shooting for mid 11's. Weather permitting.

Rich
Let him know we're all rooting for him!

sunwolf

A thought for team corn. I see some of you look for gas that has exactly 10% ethanol in it to start your blend. I understand that you may do this so that you know exactly how much ethanol is in the gas. My question is if you have 93 octane gas with 10 % ethanol as your base gas then you spike it to 20% with E85 wouldn't your gas be a lower overall octane than if you used 93 octane pure gas then added the required amount of E85 to make it 20%? If the gas only has to be rated at 93 octane from the pump I would think that they are going to use lower grade gas and rely on the 10% ethanol to get to the 93 octane.
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

FoMoCoSHO

Sunwolf, you are 100 percent correct.

FoMoCoSHO

The flip side is that when the E is directly injected, it is basically E on a meth binge. So while not optimum, still many benefits.

PokerMunkee

Bought the wife a new Armada Platinum today.  Was the best truck for us in size, price, and capability.  Needed a 3rd row SUV that could tow, so selection was limited.  Came down to GM Tahoe/Burb/Yukons, Expedition, and Armada.  Got the Armada for $49K with 0%/72 financing through Nissan, lifetime powertrain warranty, and they extended B2B to 84/84K.   Stickered at $55K.  Also got window tint, 3m bra, and nitrogen.  Decent deal, around $8-10K cheaper than GM and Ford offered.

Missing some new tech stuff, like blind spot monitoring, rain sense wipers, HIDs/LEDs, which is why it's cheaper.  Has all the important stuff, and wife loves it, so that's all that matters.  The 5.6 sounds good in stock form, gotta love V8s.  Sounds better than her 2007 Durango 5.7 HEMI we traded in.  Durango had 120K trouble free miles, was time to upgrade.  Got $7K for it, so I'm happy.  Paid $20K for it 6 years ago with 40K miles.

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHOdded

Congrats on the new ride, PM!  Hope it gives you nothing but troublefree miles of joy :)  Cute kids!!!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I found some pretty cool videos related to misfires and turbos,hope it helps someone . Z      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJBG2r1a5qg        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ru5kyKrQXg&list=PLQSWzOHR3Di_w4nmSvMav-b_e2YQBDEGX

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

SHOdded

ecoboostsho & glock remind on another thread that elm327 adapters can cause all kinds of issues.  Though usually that'd be a Christmas Tree effect.

Any issues with fuel pump pressures lately?  Could be a dying fuel pump or module.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ShoBoat

Quote from: SHOdded on May 23, 2015, 11:58:56 PM
ecoboostsho & glock remind on another thread that elm327 adapters can cause all kinds of issues.  Though usually that'd be a Christmas Tree effect.

Any issues with fuel pump pressures lately?  Could be a dying fuel pump or module.

Yup that's happened to me, when I have started my car in the past with the torque app on and connected to the car the dash lit up, even gave me a low oil pressure on the dash. Happened at the track gave me a freaking heart attack!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.